Old January 1st 19, 08:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Retaining original SIM number

I ordered a new SIM for my wife's 'phone intending to port her number
to it once received.

The SIM has arrived with a very memorable number! I thought you had to
buy these? The 1st, 4th 5th and 6th digits all being the same, even
digits 2 and 3 fit nicely in the sequence.

If I port her number to the SIM is the memorable number lost forever or
can it be 'ported' back sometime in the future. It would be a shame to
lose such a memorable number forever.

Malcolm

Old January 1st 19, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Tue 01/01/2019 09:07, Malcolm Loades wrote:
I ordered a new SIM for my wife's 'phone intending¬* to port her number
to it once received.

The SIM has arrived with a very memorable number!¬* I thought you had to
buy these?¬* The 1st, 4th 5th and 6th digits all being the same, even
digits 2 and 3 fit nicely in the sequence.

If I port her number to the SIM is the memorable number lost forever or
can it be 'ported' back sometime in the future.¬* It would be a shame to
lose such a memorable number forever.

If you port a different number in you loose the number on the new SIM.
Why not just get another SIM and port onto that and keep the good one
for a rainy day?

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Old January 1st 19, 10:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Tue 01/01/2019 10:14, Woody wrote:
On Tue 01/01/2019 09:07, Malcolm Loades wrote:
I ordered a new SIM for my wife's 'phone intending¬* to port her number
to it once received.

The SIM has arrived with a very memorable number!¬* I thought you had
to buy these?¬* The 1st, 4th 5th and 6th digits all being the same,
even digits 2 and 3 fit nicely in the sequence.

If I port her number to the SIM is the memorable number lost forever
or can it be 'ported' back sometime in the future.¬* It would be a
shame to lose such a memorable number forever.

If you port a different number in you loose the number on the new SIM.
Why not just get another SIM and port onto that and keep the good one
for a rainy day?

I should have said - if you take SWMBO's phone and the old SIM
(preferably still in the old phone) along to your local branch of your
SP they will swap the SIM and transfer the details whilst you wait and
f.o.c.

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Old January 2nd 19, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 01/01/2019 11:25, Woody wrote:
[...]

Good luck getting Virgin to do that.