Old January 1st 19, 12:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default [slightly OT] WhatsApp on iPad?

My mother has Samsung smartphone and an iPad. She's struggling with
WhatsApp on the small screen of the phone, so I thought just get it for
iPad. However, it doesn't exist as an app. Instructions online suggest
using the web app, but that only works on Pcs or Macs apparently.

So is there any solution for WhatsApp on an iPad? I see there are some
third party options, are they any good?

Old January 3rd 19, 09:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:
My mother has Samsung smartphone and an iPad. She's struggling
with WhatsApp on the small screen of the phone, so I thought just
get it for iPad.

WhatsApp is dependent upon the mobile phone book to work, even the PC version
is just a front end via wifi to the mobile, albeit still vastly easier to
compose and view messages than the screen keyboard.

A windows laptop is fine, even one of those light 32/64G eMMC models.

Ok. I'll try on her laptop, although it's not as handy as she rarely uses
it.