Old January 22nd 19, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Moto G5 Plus problem power switch

A friend of mine has a Moto G5 Plus that I got her on Ebay as I've been very happy with mine.

She insists on turning it off every night, much to my disgust, and now it seems to have developed a problem with the power switch, ironically, where it won't turn on or seems to flash on and off and the battery gets warm and flattens quite quickly.

Anyone any ideas please?

Old January 22nd 19, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 06:34:57 -0800 (PST), Murmansk
wrote:

A friend of mine has a Moto G5 Plus that I got her on Ebay as I've been very happy with mine.

She insists on turning it off every night, much to my disgust, and now it seems to have developed a problem with the power switch, ironically, where it won't turn on or seems to flash on and off and the battery gets warm and flattens quite quickly.

Anyone any ideas please?

What is wrong with turning it off? I do that every night (1) so I
don't get disturbed and (2) in the belief that it makes the charging
process more efficient.

Mine is a Moto g4 Play and does not suffer this problem. I suspect
the problem lies more with the switch than the philosophy.
Old January 22nd 19, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

wrote:

A friend of mine has a Moto G5 Plus that I got her on Ebay as I've been very happy with mine.

She insists on turning it off every night, much to my disgust, and now it seems to have developed a problem with the power switch, ironically, where it won't turn on or seems to flash on and off and the battery gets warm and flattens quite quickly.

Anyone any ideas please?

What is wrong with turning it off? I do that every night (1) so I
don't get disturbed and (2) in the belief that it makes the charging
process more efficient.

It isn't really necessary. Set it silent at night or airplane mode if
you want. The only time it makes sense to switch off is when you are at
a concert or somewhere with no mobile signal.

ET phone home hammers the battery if there is no node able to reply.

Mine is a Moto g4 Play and does not suffer this problem. I suspect
the problem lies more with the switch than the philosophy.

More like mechanical damage to the entire assembly. Switches on mobile
phones close a contact to wake the CPU from a deep sleep state. The
battery getting warm is a *very* bad sign if it isn't on charge.

Martin Brown
Old January 27th 19, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 22/01/2019 14:34, Murmansk wrote:
A friend of mine has a Moto G5 Plus that I got her on Ebay as I've been very happy with mine.

She insists on turning it off every night, much to my disgust, and now it seems to have developed a problem with the power switch, ironically, where it won't turn on or seems to flash on and off and the battery gets warm and flattens quite quickly.

Anyone any ideas please?

Tin foil'ers would claim risks to do with the always on spying
microphone or the radiation.

Check for an interest in crystals, astrology etc....

--
Adrian C