Old January 22nd 19, 07:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Status 65536

I sent a friend a text a few days and have received no reply (this
sometimes happens with my texts!). I see the details show 'status
65536'. I tried to Google this but could not understand a word of the
explanation. Does this mean the message is undelivered?

Old January 22nd 19, 07:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Scott wrote:

I sent a friend a text a few days and have received no reply (this
sometimes happens with my texts!). I see the details show 'status
65536'. I tried to Google this but could not understand a word of the
explanation. Does this mean the message is undelivered?

65535 decimal is 0xFFFF in hex, the maximum that fits in a 16bit integer
it is equivalent to -1 as a signed integer, which might internally be
used a a flag to mean "unknown status" ...

Old January 22nd 19, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 20:46:27 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

Scott wrote:

I sent a friend a text a few days and have received no reply (this
sometimes happens with my texts!). I see the details show 'status
65536'. I tried to Google this but could not understand a word of the
explanation. Does this mean the message is undelivered?

65535 decimal is 0xFFFF in hex, the maximum that fits in a 16bit integer
it is equivalent to -1 as a signed integer, which might internally be
used a a flag to mean "unknown status" ...

Except it was 65536.
Old January 23rd 19, 12:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Scott wrote:

I sent a friend a text a few days and have received no reply (this
sometimes happens with my texts!). I see the details show 'status
65536'. I tried to Google this but could not understand a word of the
explanation. Does this mean the message is undelivered?

65535 decimal is 0xFFFF in hex, the maximum that fits in a 16bit integer
it is equivalent to -1 as a signed integer, which might internally be
used a a flag to mean "unknown status" ...

Except it was 65536.

It's happened again. How do I avoid getting charged with stalking
this woman if I keep sending the text :-)
Old January 23rd 19, 12:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Scott wrote:

I sent a friend a text a few days and have received no reply (this
sometimes happens with my texts!). I see the details show 'status
65536'. I tried to Google this but could not understand a word of the
explanation. Does this mean the message is undelivered?

65535 decimal is 0xFFFF in hex, the maximum that fits in a 16bit integer
it is equivalent to -1 as a signed integer, which might internally be
used a a flag to mean "unknown status" ...

Except it was 65536.

It's happened again. How do I avoid getting charged with stalking
this woman if I keep sending the text :-)

She did receive it. I said I thought 65536 might have been
hexadecimal code for f*** off.

Old January 23rd 19, 02:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Scott wrote:

I sent a friend a text a few days and have received no reply (this
sometimes happens with my texts!). I see the details show 'status
65536'. I tried to Google this but could not understand a word of the
explanation. Does this mean the message is undelivered?

65535 decimal is 0xFFFF in hex, the maximum that fits in a 16bit integer
it is equivalent to -1 as a signed integer, which might internally be
used a a flag to mean "unknown status" ...

Except it was 65536.

It's happened again. How do I avoid getting charged with stalking
this woman if I keep sending the text :-)

She did receive it. I said I thought 65536 might have been
hexadecimal code for f*** off.

No, that's 61695 ...

Nick
Old January 23rd 19, 04:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Scott wrote:

I sent a friend a text a few days and have received no reply (this
sometimes happens with my texts!). I see the details show 'status
65536'. I tried to Google this but could not understand a word of the
explanation. Does this mean the message is undelivered?

65535 decimal is 0xFFFF in hex, the maximum that fits in a 16bit integer
it is equivalent to -1 as a signed integer, which might internally be
used a a flag to mean "unknown status" ...

Except it was 65536.

It's happened again. How do I avoid getting charged with stalking
this woman if I keep sending the text :-)

She did receive it. I said I thought 65536 might have been
hexadecimal code for f*** off.

No, that's 61695 ...

Nick

It's shorter, and arguably more cryptic than "Arkell v. Pressdram".

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old January 23rd 19, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Bob Eager wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

65535 decimal is 0xFFFF in hex

Except it was 65536.

Oh yes, sorry.
Old January 25th 19, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 22/01/2019 20:24, Scott wrote:
I sent a friend a text a few days and have received no reply (this
sometimes happens with my texts!). I see the details show 'status
65536'. I tried to Google this but could not understand a word of the
explanation. Does this mean the message is undelivered?

I think basically it means the firmware on your mobile phone is buggy.

--

Brian Gregory (in England).
Old January 27th 19, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 25/01/2019 19:51, Brian Gregory wrote:
On 22/01/2019 20:24, Scott wrote:
I sent a friend a text a few days and have received no reply (this
sometimes happens with my texts!).* I see the details show 'status
65536'.* I tried to Google this but could not understand a word of the
explanation.* Does this mean the message is undelivered?

I think basically it means the firmware on your mobile phone is buggy.

"Google Messenger - Error code 65536"

https://productforums.google.com/for...us/VHAM665v9II

--
Adrian C