Old February 13th 19, 09:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Unlocked phone asks for NP code

I wanted to reuse my old unlocked Orange Hollywood as a spare. It has
not been used for about two years and it asked for an input NP code.
I found the original unlock code but it did not accept it even with the
two SIMS that it had previously accepted.
Any suggestions ?
Derek

Old February 13th 19, 02:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Wednesday, 13 February 2019 10:07:06 UTC, DerekF wrote:
I wanted to reuse my old unlocked Orange Hollywood as a spare. It has
not been used for about two years and it asked for an input NP code.
I found the original unlock code but it did not accept it even with the
two SIMS that it had previously accepted.
Any suggestions ?
Derek

SIMs usually get cut off after six months' non use.
Old February 14th 19, 12:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 13/02/2019 15:39, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 February 2019 10:07:06 UTC, DerekF wrote:
I wanted to reuse my old unlocked Orange Hollywood as a spare. It has
not been used for about two years and it asked for an input NP code.
I found the original unlock code but it did not accept it even with the
two SIMS that it had previously accepted.
Any suggestions ?
Derek

SIMs usually get cut off after six months' non use.

The two I tried are the ones I'm using regularly in my main phone.
Derek
Old February 14th 19, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Thursday, 14 February 2019 01:03:15 UTC, DerekF wrote:
On 13/02/2019 15:39, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 February 2019 10:07:06 UTC, DerekF wrote:
I wanted to reuse my old unlocked Orange Hollywood as a spare. It has
not been used for about two years and it asked for an input NP code.
I found the original unlock code but it did not accept it even with the
two SIMS that it had previously accepted.
Any suggestions ?
Derek

SIMs usually get cut off after six months' non use.

The two I tried are the ones I'm using regularly in my main phone.
Derek

Are they EE / 121 / Orange?
Old February 14th 19, 10:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 14/02/2019 12:45, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Thursday, 14 February 2019 01:03:15 UTC, DerekF wrote:
On 13/02/2019 15:39, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 February 2019 10:07:06 UTC, DerekF wrote:
I wanted to reuse my old unlocked Orange Hollywood as a spare. It has
not been used for about two years and it asked for an input NP code.
I found the original unlock code but it did not accept it even with the
two SIMS that it had previously accepted.
Any suggestions ?
Derek

SIMs usually get cut off after six months' non use.

The two I tried are the ones I'm using regularly in my main phone.
Derek

Are they EE / 121 / Orange?

One is Talk Home on EE. The other is Three.
Derek

Old February 15th 19, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Thursday, 14 February 2019 23:42:23 UTC, DerekF wrote:
On 14/02/2019 12:45, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Thursday, 14 February 2019 01:03:15 UTC, DerekF wrote:
On 13/02/2019 15:39, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 February 2019 10:07:06 UTC, DerekF wrote:
I wanted to reuse my old unlocked Orange Hollywood as a spare. It has
not been used for about two years and it asked for an input NP code.
I found the original unlock code but it did not accept it even with the
two SIMS that it had previously accepted.
Any suggestions ?
Derek

SIMs usually get cut off after six months' non use.

The two I tried are the ones I'm using regularly in my main phone.
Derek

Are they EE / 121 / Orange?

One is Talk Home on EE. The other is Three.
Derek

Are you sure the phone is unlocked - I got caught on this once by BTC / O2, although it cost them two more new phones.
Old February 15th 19, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 15/02/2019 11:05, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
[...]

Yes it was unlocked and they accepted various SIMS as my wife's spare
one still does.
Derek
Old February 16th 19, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Saturday, 16 February 2019 00:49:41 UTC, DerekF wrote:
[...]

The request means the phone is locked.
Old February 16th 19, 11:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 16/02/2019 20:53, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
[...]

Yes but it was previously unlocked but had not been used for about two
years. I have two other really old unlocked phones that they do work in
not ones I want to use and their batteries are failing.
My question is really why does the original unlock code not work.
Derek
Old February 17th 19, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

DerekF wrote:

My question is really why does the original unlock code not work.
Derek

You’ve maybe mixed up old handsets, one of which has never been unlocked
and the code is for a different handset?

Just a thought. It would explain why the handset has mysteriously
“relocked” itself and why the code doesn’t work.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls