Old February 13th 19, 09:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default A SIM is a SIM is a SIM

Just found this OFCOM ruling:
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom...cases/cw_01218

Looks like you can now put a data/voice SIM in any device and
just use it. I guess this will apply to all SIM cards from all
providers, even those that disallow or inhibit tethering

Martin Nicholas.

E-mail: (Address will be valid throughout
February).

Old February 13th 19, 12:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 10:18:25 +0000, Martin Nicholas
wrote:

Just found this OFCOM ruling:
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom...cases/cw_01218

Looks like you can now put a data/voice SIM in any device and
just use it. I guess this will apply to all SIM cards from all
providers, even those that disallow or inhibit tethering

I'm using 3 payg 321 in a dual-sim phone. Firstly pleased that when I
was in Asia recently the 321 costs still applied (that's 3pmin for a
call, 2p per text and 1p/mb) though coverage wasn't great. And for
various reasons I've ended up with a month's free unlimited data which
was handy Thu/Fri/Sat as the landline broadband was flaky and then
broke down altogether but using the phone as a hotspot left us with
virtually no interruption at no additional cost and 4G is faster than
the 6mbit/s.

Anyway good to know that the hotspot (not tethering) was within the
t&c's.

--
AnthonyL