Old March 8th 19, 10:48 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

Default Pairing Win 7 & Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 via Bluetooth

In alt.windows7.general, on Fri, 8 Mar 2019 08:06:46 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Java Jive wrote:

Has anyone else tried to pair via Bluetooth a Win 7 PC, Ultimate Edition
if it matters, and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T719, LTE edition?* I can
link the two by USB cable, and copy data between the two, but now I have
a potential need to link the two by Bluetooth.

Not exactly the same, but with Win10 (using the microsoft bluetooth
stack) paired to a google pixel phone, I can send or receive a file in
either direction using fsquirt.exe

I may be barking up the whole wrong tree.

I get that if Bluetooth works, I can send a file back or forth, but what
I wanted was to play the cellphone app radio through the better, louder
speakers of the laptop. Like I can with the cellphone and the car
radio.

Does anyone do this? Is there a way to do this?

I only paid, 5 years ago or so, a dollar and a dollar and a half for two
bluetooth receivers, one of which worked with the desktop, But they
came with no instructions** and since I can't manage to make it work
with the laptop, I'm ready to buy a more expensive one. But if I wont'
be able to play the phone radio through the laptop, there is no point.

**And half of the plastic case has fallen off the one I have with me.

Old March 8th 19, 12:19 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

micky wrote:

what
I wanted was to play the cellphone app radio through the better, louder
speakers of the laptop

I doubt it's set-up to work that way, far more likely to play audio from
the laptop to a higher quality speaker ... probably nothing in the spec
preventing it, but nobody would expect you to want to do it.
Old March 8th 19, 12:27 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

Andy Burns wrote:

nobody would expect you to want to do it.

Seems the MS bluetooth audio profile can only act as a "source", not as
a "sink" ...

Old March 8th 19, 12:34 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

Andy Burns wrote:

Seems the MS bluetooth audio profile can only act as a "source", not as
a "sink" ...

Forgot the link

<https://superuser.com/questions/1331686
Old March 8th 19, 12:40 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

Andy Burns wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:

nobody would expect you to want to do it.

Seems the MS bluetooth audio profile can only act as a "source", not as
a "sink" ...

There may be a way to do it on Linux. Then the
question would be, whether you could trick Windows
into doing this :-/

https://askubuntu.com/questions/2573...etooth-speaker

I'm still skeptical such a capability exists...

Paul

Old March 8th 19, 01:28 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

In comp.mobile.android, on Fri, 8 Mar 2019 13:19:34 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

micky wrote:

what
I wanted was to play the cellphone app radio through the better, louder
speakers of the laptop

I doubt it's set-up to work that way, far more likely to play audio from
the laptop to a higher quality speaker ... probably nothing in the spec
preventing it, but nobody would expect you to want to do it.

The reason is that at least two of the apps ar e better than anything
I've found on the PC.

The WYPR app will play that station live, but it also has On Demand
almost anything that's been on NPR in the last few weeks.

And Simple Radio automaticallly listed 17 local radio stations (though
it's either music or talk in a language I can't understand) plus I could
find my own choices world-wide and switch from one to another in a
second. Radiomaximus on the PC is almost that good but it doesn't have
WYPR for some reason, the local NPR station for Baltimore. .

Old March 8th 19, 04:11 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

On 08/03/2019 10:50, micky wrote:

Well, so far, no luck. It actually asked my phone for the code,
suggesting 0000 and 1234, but neither worked.

Yes, I've seen that too. What seems to fix it is on each device to
remove or forget the other, then try to pair again, and then the
originating devices creates and displays a key, and the target device
throws up a popup displaying that key and asking whether it is correct.
Old March 8th 19, 04:18 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

On 07/03/2019 21:12, Java Jive wrote:

I think I have the Bluetooth Stack.* In the past I've successfully
paired with my (now dead) Samsung Galaxy S2 mobile phone, and just now
with another laptop as a test case.* However the other PC with this same
build, but downgraded to Home Premium, can't install 'drivers' for that
same laptop.

There's been some developments wrt this, but I'll put them in a reply to
my OP, so that the information is all in one place.
Old March 8th 19, 05:33 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

On 07/03/2019 18:07, Java Jive wrote:

I authenticate between the two successfully, but then W7 complains that
it doesn't have drivers for three new devices labelled ...
****Bluetooth Peripheral Device
... and that it can't find them by searching the web.* There are no
drivers on the Samsung support page for that device:
****https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/m...M-T719NZWEDBT/

I've now tested this on two separate laptops:

1) Dell Inspiron 15RSE 7520 running W7 Home Premium

As explained to Paul, initially this didn't work at all, but I've now
found some drivers/software from Dell's site that weren't installed when
I copied the build from this PC and downgraded it to Home Premium, and
installed them, thereby converting all the 'Bluetooth Peripheral
Device's into proper devices, and so got it to pair successfully with
the tablet.

On this PC, Device Manager, View, Devices by connection shows:

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 + High Speed Adaptor
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) #2
Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) #2
Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM10)
Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM14)
Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator
Bluetooth Audio

2) Dell Precision M6300 running W7 Ultimate

I've downloaded and installed all the drivers from Dell's site, which
were Vista 64-bit ones, but this PC is still showing three 'Bluetooth
Peripheral Devices'.

On this PC, Device Manager, View, Devices by connection shows:

Dell Wireless 360 Bluetooth Module
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) #13
Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) #13
Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM10)
Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM16)
Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator
BIP Responder
Bluetooth Peripheral Device
Bluetooth Peripheral Device
Bluetooth Peripheral Device
Bluetooth Stereo Audio

Finally, he gave an email address for their technical support helpdesk,
I've emailed them, and received an acknowledgement, but as yet no useful
help.

Still nothing from Samsung.

So, although I've got the best laptop working, I've not got this one
going, and would like to.
Old March 8th 19, 05:41 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

On 08/03/2019 10:50, micky wrote:

I don't think the Dell Latitude E4300 came with bluetooth.

Some did, most, I think, did not. The way to tell is to look at the
underside - if the area containing labels, electrical clearance
certificates, etc, has a label in every quadrant, then the laptop was
supplied ex-factory with Bluetooth, if, as is more usual, one quadrant
is blank and free of any labelling, then the laptop was supplied
ex-factory without Bluetooth, but you could still buy the module and
install it very easily yourself - it goes behind a cover in the
battery compartment, there's a connector there for it, even in the
models supplied without.