Old March 9th 19, 09:34 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

Default Pairing Win 7 & Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 via Bluetooth

In alt.windows7.general, on Sat, 09 Mar 2019 21:04:28 +0200, micky
wrote:

In alt.windows7.general, on Fri, 08 Mar 2019 12:50:17 +0200, micky
wrote:

After several t ries finally got a new entry on my phone.
The category is Rarely Used Other Devices
The name is 00:11:22:98;76:54

Tonight I got a new result.

The phone lists Connected Devices:

e4300-PC (my laptop)
00:22:5f:38:b2:3a

List me as stupid. This was under Hotspots. The phone is connected
as a hotspot to the PC.

I still haven't gotten connected with Bluetooth, but I did get closer
this time.

The PC offered me a 6 or 7 digit number to enter into t he phone. I
don't know how to enter it in the phone but I clicked on something and
got a screen with 3 methods to connect. I shoudl have written them
down but the last was Connect Without a Code. and I clicked on that
and it connected, and said it was downloading drivers.

That ended with,
The drivers for this device are not installed. (code 28)

I'm working on that right now.

But I still don't know how to play the output.

Also, even after this showed up on the phone, I checked the Bluetooth
settinfgs for the laptop and Allow devices to discover this computer"
was again unchecked.

Checking it and clicking apply made the fuction freeze and eventually
fail. When I clicked Okay, it said I had indeed changed the setting,
but i unchecked it, checked it again and said Apply, and again it is
Not Responding. But how did the phone connect to the PC if the PC was
set to not be discoverable?

Old March 9th 19, 10:26 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

In alt.windows7.general, on Fri, 8 Mar 2019 13:34:02 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Seems the MS bluetooth audio profile can only act as a "source", not as
a "sink" ...

Forgot the link

<https://superuser.com/questions/1331686

If I understood this link correctly, he says it doesn't work with win10,
but it used to work on win7, which is what I have. So I, and the OP,
should be able to get it to work.
Old March 9th 19, 10:37 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

On 09/03/2019 21:01, micky wrote:

Seems to me if you start at the beginning and take 1 or n pictures per
page, when you later look at the pictures and see that one or more is
bad, you can make a list of the bad ones and go back to those pages and
reshoot them.

I once batch digitised over 100 vinyl LPs, having thought that I'd
checked the first few to ensure that everything was working as it
should, but later when I came to listen to them, I found there were
flaws in the results, which I eventually nailed to the screensaver
launching, *even though* I'd specifically checked that point before I
began. It turned out that the first few had been lucky for some reason.
I had to do the whole lot again. Then I had to wash them and do them
again, so I digitised all 100+ of them three times in all.

When doing a job like this, you need to keep a constant eye (or ear) on
the quality of the result.
Old March 9th 19, 11:13 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

On 09/03/2019 19:37, micky wrote:

That's a wonderful offer. I've spent the last ten minutes
a) trying to fidn out if I already have built-in bluetooth. When I
unplugged the little add-on thing, any indication that I had it
disappeared, so I probably don't.
b) trying to find out if it's the same device that fits the Inspiron
9400. I think I can do that too.

I don't think I can do all this tonight, but could you send me your
email address so I can reach you in the future? The bigfoot address at
the top here may be no good at all these days (I'll have to change it
when I'm sure), but meirman att-t-t erols dot com will work.

Thanks a lot.

It's in the sig below. Just replace at and dot with the correct items.

Old March 10th 19, 09:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Friday, 8 March 2019 18:33:34 UTC, Java Jive wrote:
On 07/03/2019 18:07, Java Jive wrote:

I authenticate between the two successfully, but then W7 complains that
it doesn't have drivers for three new devices labelled ...
****Bluetooth Peripheral Device
... and that it can't find them by searching the web.* There are no
drivers on the Samsung support page for that device:
****https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/m...M-T719NZWEDBT/

I've now tested this on two separate laptops:

1) Dell Inspiron 15RSE 7520 running W7 Home Premium

As explained to Paul, initially this didn't work at all, but I've now
found some drivers/software from Dell's site that weren't installed when
I copied the build from this PC and downgraded it to Home Premium, and
installed them, thereby converting all the 'Bluetooth Peripheral
Device's into proper devices, and so got it to pair successfully with
the tablet.

On this PC, Device Manager, View, Devices by connection shows:

Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 + High Speed Adaptor
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) #2
Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) #2
Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM10)
Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM14)
Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator
Bluetooth Audio

2) Dell Precision M6300 running W7 Ultimate

I've downloaded and installed all the drivers from Dell's site, which
were Vista 64-bit ones, but this PC is still showing three 'Bluetooth
Peripheral Devices'.

On this PC, Device Manager, View, Devices by connection shows:

Dell Wireless 360 Bluetooth Module
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) #13
Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) #13
Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM10)
Standard Serial over Bluetooth link (COM16)
Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator
BIP Responder
Bluetooth Peripheral Device
Bluetooth Peripheral Device
Bluetooth Peripheral Device
Bluetooth Stereo Audio

Finally, he gave an email address for their technical support helpdesk,
I've emailed them, and received an acknowledgement, but as yet no useful
help.

Still nothing from Samsung.

Don't expect anything from their CS. I bought a Galaxy S7 Edge in November 2017. It would not make internet calls, Wi-Fi calls or 4G calls. Samsung repeatedly blamed my network and denied the features had previously worked despite being sent video of the features working before an Android update.

Finally ab LBA to their franchisee got results, but it took nearly three months.

So, although I've got the best laptop working, I've not got this one
going, and would like to.

Old March 10th 19, 09:11 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

In alt.windows7.general, on Sat, 9 Mar 2019 23:13:41 +0000,
MissRiaElaine wrote:

On 09/03/2019 19:37, micky wrote:

That's a wonderful offer. I've spent the last ten minutes
a) trying to fidn out if I already have built-in bluetooth. When I
unplugged the little add-on thing, any indication that I had it
disappeared, so I probably don't.
b) trying to find out if it's the same device that fits the Inspiron
9400. I think I can do that too.

I don't think I can do all this tonight, but could you send me your
email address so I can reach you in the future? The bigfoot address at
the top here may be no good at all these days (I'll have to change it
when I'm sure), but meirman att-t-t erols dot com will work.

Thanks a lot.

It's in the sig below. Just replace at and dot with the correct items.

You're sig is well written and it disappears when I reply, so I didn't
notice it. I'm still working on the t wo wquestions above, and I'll let
you know as soon as I can. Thanks again.

Old March 19th 19, 09:11 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

In comp.mobile.android, on Sat, 9 Mar 2019 23:13:41 +0000, MissRiaElaine
wrote:

On 09/03/2019 19:37, micky wrote:

That's a wonderful offer. I've spent the last ten minutes
a) trying to fidn out if I already have built-in bluetooth. When I
unplugged the little add-on thing, any indication that I had it
disappeared, so I probably don't.
b) trying to find out if it's the same device that fits the Inspiron
9400. I think I can do that too.

I don't think I can do all this tonight, but could you send me your
email address so I can reach you in the future? The bigfoot address at
the top here may be no good at all these days (I'll have to change it
when I'm sure), but meirman att-t-t erols dot com will work.

Thanks a lot.

It's in the sig below. Just replace at and dot with the correct items.

Thanks again for the offer, but

I haven't yet figured out if the 2 models use the same bluetooth device

It turns out to install the bluetooth in my laptop, I have to remove the
the led bezel, the palm rest, the keyboard AND the LCD screen, and even
though I'm good at this sort of thing, it sounds risky when for a few
dollars I can buy a USB bluetooth. I already bought two, for a dollar
and a dollar and a half, one definitely worked, and maybe the one I have
with me is the one that didn't work at home either. But if neither
work in this case, I can buy one that comes with instructions.

Based on the Dell site and the Tag number, It appears the laptop came
with bluetooth after all, and probably when the computer shop upgraded
from vista to 7, they didn't install the bluetooth software, so I did
that last night, but I may have to restart windows to see it working.

P&M
Old March 19th 19, 12:58 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile

On 19/03/2019 09:11, micky wrote:

It turns out to install the bluetooth in my laptop, I have to remove the
the led bezel, the palm rest, the keyboard AND the LCD screen

I'm not saying that this is untrue, because presumably you've researched
it, but I am surprised, as I've never had to go through all that to
install or change a Bluetooth module in a Dell laptop ...

Dell Latitude 610: Remove the battery and a cover on the inside of the
battery compartment, connect the module to the connector there, slide it
into the holder within the compartment, replace cover, replace battery.
5 minute job.

Dell Precision M4300: Remove LED cover with penknife or similar flat
blade, module is now accessible. 5 minute job.

Dell Precision M6300:
Dell Inspiron 15RSE 7520: Procedure unknown, because both came with
Bluetooth out of the box, and, so far, neither module has failed.