Old March 9th 19, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

Default re Batteries genuine ones for MOTO 3 Gen

I've got a Motorola MOTO 3rd Gen phone works fine, does all i need of it
except at a few years old the battery doesn't last the working day
anymore.

Before I go to try to change the battery can anyone recommend a supplier
of genuine Motorola batteries or a decent supplier of good quality
ones?.

TIA..
--
Tony Sayer

Old March 9th 19, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 09/03/2019 22:46, tony sayer wrote:

I've got a Motorola MOTO 3rd Gen phone works fine, does all i need of it
except at a few years old the battery doesn't last the working day
anymore.

Before I go to try to change the battery can anyone recommend a supplier
of genuine Motorola batteries or a decent supplier of good quality
ones?.

TIA..

I bought a battery for a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini from an ebay supplier
called dar-world-ltd. Cost £3.94 and appears OK. If that helps!

--
Michael Chare
Old March 10th 19, 01:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 09/03/2019 22:46, tony sayer wrote:

I've got a Motorola MOTO 3rd Gen phone works fine, does all i need of it
except at a few years old the battery doesn't last the working day
anymore.

Sometimes its worth looking at the price of a new "old stock" phone. My
daughter cracked the screen on her Moto G4, and I was looking at screens
for them. Then I realised that the price of a new G4 was only about £60
(the "current" model at the time was the G6)

--
Cheers,

John.

Old March 10th 19, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.d-i-y

On 09/03/2019 22:46, tony sayer wrote:

I've got a Motorola MOTO 3rd Gen phone works fine, does all i need of it
except at a few years old the battery doesn't last the working day
anymore.

Before I go to try to change the battery can anyone recommend a supplier
of genuine Motorola batteries or a decent supplier of good quality
ones?.

TIA..

Funnily enough my Moto 5 started running the battery down quickly a week
or so ago. It has a "plug in" battery like a camera, I bought a genuine
replacement (at least, if it is a fake it is a good one) and that
behaves exactly the same way. So, did a factory reset and rebuilt it
with a small subset of apps, and that *seemed* to fix the problem, but
only for a day or so. This morning it reported an SD card error so I
took that out, and the predicted life was fine. Except that 8 hours
later it is at 15%.

More or less resigned to getting a replacement phone.

Moto G 3rd Gen Phil[_2_] UK Mobile Phones 17 January 18th 16 09:55 PM
Why is DCT4 unlock free but not SE ones...? UK Mobile Phones 2 December 31st 11 11:27 AM
phone 4 the older gen Yes Baby UK Mobile Phones 4 September 4th 07 05:35 AM
Non Gen Acc. Dave Holliday Marketplace 0 November 30th 03 05:47 PM
O2 sim cards - free sms/wap ones matt UK Mobile Phones 6 October 16th 03 05:30 PM