Old March 13th 19, 09:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Data SIM for EU

We'll be renting a property in Sardinia for a couple of weeks which
doesn't have WiFi. Suggestions, please for a PAYG SIM with lots of
inclusive/pre-paid data which may be used within the EU. This would be
used for tethering.

Malcolm

PS We'll ignore for a moment that we may not be in the EU in a couple of
weeks time.

Old March 13th 19, 09:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Malcolm Loades wrote:

We'll be renting a property in Sardinia for a couple of weeks which
doesn't have WiFi.* Suggestions, please for a PAYG SIM with lots of
inclusive/pre-paid data which may be used within the EU.

<https://www.moneysupermarket.com/mobile-phones/sim-only

VOXI £20 for 45GB except they ban tethering and seem to think age
discrimination is OK (under 30's only!)
Old March 13th 19, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 10:32:33 +0000, Malcolm Loades
wrote:

We'll be renting a property in Sardinia for a couple of weeks which
doesn't have WiFi. Suggestions, please for a PAYG SIM with lots of
inclusive/pre-paid data which may be used within the EU. This would be
used for tethering.

Malcolm

PS We'll ignore for a moment that we may not be in the EU in a couple of
weeks time.

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/Pay_As_You_Go_Price_Plans

At least they were the prices when I was recently in Asia. I'm pretty
sure they allow tethering but the only thing to check is that you have
coverage which I found a bit scanty.

--
AnthonyL
Old March 13th 19, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

AnthonyL wrote:

[snip sensible stuff]

At least they were the prices when I was recently in Asia. I'm pretty
sure they allow tethering but the only thing to check is that you have
coverage which I found a bit scanty.

Ooh! Can we see?! .... oh, I don't suppose you mean that sort of
scanty coverage.

--
Chris Green
·
Old March 13th 19, 03:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

wrote:

We'll be renting a property in Sardinia for a couple of weeks which
doesn't have WiFi. Suggestions, please for a PAYG SIM with lots of
inclusive/pre-paid data which may be used within the EU. This would be
used for tethering.

Malcolm

PS We'll ignore for a moment that we may not be in the EU in a couple of
weeks time.

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/Pay_As_You_Go_Price_Plans

At least they were the prices when I was recently in Asia. I'm pretty
sure they allow tethering but the only thing to check is that you have
coverage which I found a bit scanty.

Three now allow tethering on all plans both contract and PAYG since they
got rapped over the knuckles by OfCom a few months ago.

That might have set a precedent as I think quite a few others do also -
EE always have done.

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old March 13th 19, 09:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

wrote:

We'll be renting a property in Sardinia for a couple of weeks which
doesn't have WiFi. Suggestions, please for a PAYG SIM with lots of
inclusive/pre-paid data which may be used within the EU. This would be
used for tethering.

Malcolm

PS We'll ignore for a moment that we may not be in the EU in a couple of
weeks time.

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/Pay_As_You_Go_Price_Plans

At least they were the prices when I was recently in Asia. I'm pretty
sure they allow tethering but the only thing to check is that you have
coverage which I found a bit scanty.

Three now allow tethering on all plans both contract and PAYG since they
got rapped over the knuckles by OfCom a few months ago.

That might have set a precedent as I think quite a few others do also -
EE always have done.

Yep. IDmobile, a Three MVNO, also do it now despite the wording on their
website. Used it today on the train, in fact

Old March 14th 19, 08:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 22:53:03 -0000 (UTC)
Chris wrote:

Yep. IDmobile, a Three MVNO, also do it now despite the wording on
their website. Used it today on the train, in fact

As a result of this OFCOM ruling I would think:
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom...cases/cw_01218
can't imagine that some operators will allowed to be excluded from its
general principals.

Martin Nicholas.

E-mail: (Address will be valid throughout
March).

Old March 14th 19, 09:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

wrote:

We'll be renting a property in Sardinia for a couple of weeks which
doesn't have WiFi. Suggestions, please for a PAYG SIM with lots of
inclusive/pre-paid data which may be used within the EU. This would be
used for tethering.

Malcolm

PS We'll ignore for a moment that we may not be in the EU in a couple of
weeks time.

Got one last year - works fine in Malta and at home - Data only and
valid for 12 months.

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/3-payg-4g...12gb-data.html
Old March 14th 19, 11:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 13:51:31 +0000, Chris Green wrote:

AnthonyL wrote:

[snip sensible stuff]

At least they were the prices when I was recently in Asia. I'm pretty
sure they allow tethering but the only thing to check is that you have
coverage which I found a bit scanty.

Ooh! Can we see?! .... oh, I don't suppose you mean that sort of
scanty coverage.

Well since the introduction of Micro SIMS I barely get enough
coverage, especially on cold winter days.

--
AnthonyL
Old March 14th 19, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Is this of any use:
https://www.bitebird.com