Old April 3rd 19, 01:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Banking app showing own balances in various banks

On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 18:19:20 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Chris wrote:

tim... wrote:

If I tried to open all of my accounts in individual windows, it would take
me so long to get to the last one that the first one would have timed out
and closed

Use a password manager. Much quicker

Do any PW managers cope with the first, fifth, second characters from
your PW that banks tend to use?

Roboform can handle that in some cases, but it's tricky to set up.

Old April 3rd 19, 06:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Andy Burns wrote:
Chris wrote:

tim... wrote:

If I tried to open all of my accounts in individual windows, it would take
me so long to get to the last one that the first one would have timed out
and closed

Use a password manager. Much quicker

Do any PW managers cope with the first, fifth, second characters from
your PW that banks tend to use?

Yes, ish. Enpass allows you to request the nth characters from a password
so that then you can manually input them.

Old April 3rd 19, 07:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

tim... wrote:

"Chris" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

"Graham." wrote in message
There is an advert by NatWest for an app that displays balances in
one's
various other bank accounts.

How does it gain the account holder's permission to obtain those
balances?

I've already got an app that accesses all my accounts simultaneously.
It's called a Web browser.

Hm,

If I tried to open all of my accounts in individual windows, it would
take
me so long to get to the last one that the first one would have timed out
and closed

Use a password manager. Much quicker

that isn't going to shorten the time that it takes to got through 15 login
screens, is it

It will. You double click each account entry in the pw manager, which takes
you directly to that page, autofills the login credentials and logs in
without any manual input.

Old April 3rd 19, 08:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Chris" wrote in message
Andy Burns wrote:
Chris wrote:

tim... wrote:

If I tried to open all of my accounts in individual windows, it would
take
me so long to get to the last one that the first one would have timed
out
and closed

Use a password manager. Much quicker

Do any PW managers cope with the first, fifth, second characters from
your PW that banks tend to use?

Yes, ish. Enpass allows you to request the nth characters from a password
so that then you can manually input them.

but my point was it's that manual inputting that takes all the time
that causes the first account to time out