Old April 6th 19, 09:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default FTTP - delay between poles being provisioned and service offered?

In two widely separate locations (opposite sides of the country) I can see
telephone poles with fibre run up to the top and black termination blocks
at the top just waiting (as far as I can tell) for overhead fibre to be
strung to the houses (as the current copper is strung).

One location had a massive burst of activity for several months clearing
out the underground ducting to run the fibre back to the exchange as well
as running fibre up the poles. All is now quiet.

OpenReach can't/won't give any information apart from "If it isn't on the
availability checker we can't say when it will be available.".

Does anyone have a feel for how long the delay is between provisioning to
the top of the local poles and FTTP being available for provisioning?

Although I am receiving good service from VM at the moment I am tempted by
the much higher upstream speeds offered by fibre.

Cheers

Dave R

--
Dell XPS laptop running W8.1

Old April 6th 19, 09:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Sat, 06 Apr 2019 09:25:47 +0000, David wrote:

[...]

Oops!

Wrong NG.

--
Dell XPS laptop running W8.1