UK Mobile Phones (uk.telecom.mobile) Mobile telephone equipment and networks.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11   Report Post  
Old April 9th 19, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by MobileBanter: Apr 2005
Posts: 248
Default Sending image

On 09/04/2019 10:08, Scott wrote:


I have received many recommendations for WhatsApp but I have concerns
about security. They belong to Facebook I understand, and they
require the right to access my address book which I am not happy with.


All it takes is for someone you know to have your number stored on their
phone, and if they are a WA/FB/Google Contacts, or whatever user
then your name and number will be scattered all over their servers all
over the world anyway.


--
Mark
Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.

  #12   Report Post  
Old April 9th 19, 11:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by MobileBanter: Nov 2010
Posts: 467
Default Sending image

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 11:50:43 +0100, Mark Carver
wrote:

On 09/04/2019 10:08, Scott wrote:


I have received many recommendations for WhatsApp but I have concerns
about security. They belong to Facebook I understand, and they
require the right to access my address book which I am not happy with.


All it takes is for someone you know to have your number stored on their
phone, and if they are a WA/FB/Google Contacts, or whatever user
then your name and number will be scattered all over their servers all
over the world anyway.


I accept that but without going into any details I have have some
work-related contacts where I should be taking all reasonable steps to
maintain confidentiality.
  #13   Report Post  
Old April 9th 19, 11:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by MobileBanter: Nov 2010
Posts: 467
Default Sending image

On 9 Apr 2019 10:48:24 GMT, Nick Leverton wrote:

In article ,
Scott wrote:
I have tried several times to send an image using Android's Messages.

First I emailed it to myself and tried to forward it using Messages.
It would not send. I thought it might be too large for a text
message. I emailed it again, as a small file. I tried again to
forward this using Messages but still it would not send. I thought
there might be some incompatibility with the format so I took a
photograph using my phone and tried to send this instead. Again it
would not send.

I wondered if the number was invalid. I tested it. It does ring.

Any ideas why a Moto G4 Play would not send a photo attachment to a
text file? Could it be the settings of the recipient's phone?


It may be too large for your or their phone company. There's a
per-carrier size limit to MMS attachments, and I think that some service
providers may set it relatively small. Last time I looked, Three had
a limit of 300 kB (sorry about the long URL) :
<http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Art icle,varset_cat=callsemails,varset_subcat=3791,Cas e=obj(3351)

I thought about that and reduced it to 69kB. I also tried a photo
taken by the phone, which should work.
  #14   Report Post  
Old April 9th 19, 01:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by MobileBanter: May 2018
Posts: 18
Default Sending image

In message
Scott wrote:

I have received many recommendations for WhatsApp but I have concerns
about security. They belong to Facebook I understand, and they
require the right to access my address book which I am not happy with.


I prefer Telegram.

David
  #15   Report Post  
Old April 10th 19, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by MobileBanter: Nov 2010
Posts: 467
Default Sending image

On Mon, 08 Apr 2019 18:19:34 +0100, Scott
wrote:
[snip]

*SOLUTION FOUND*
Thanks for all the comments. I think I have found the direct
solution. The message centre number was missing for some reason and I
have now re-entered it. Curiously, text only messages were okay but
not attachments.


  #16   Report Post  
Old April 10th 19, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by MobileBanter: Nov 2012
Posts: 15
Default Sending image

In article ,
Scott wrote:
On Mon, 08 Apr 2019 18:19:34 +0100, Scott
wrote:
[snip]

*SOLUTION FOUND*
Thanks for all the comments. I think I have found the direct
solution. The message centre number was missing for some reason and I
have now re-entered it. Curiously, text only messages were okay but
not attachments.


Thanks for reporting back, I was going to ask as I know someone else
with a similar sounding problem. Simple to check anyway !

Nick
--
"The Internet, a sort of ersatz counterfeit of real life"
-- Janet Street-Porter, BBC2, 19th March 1996
  #17   Report Post  
Old April 10th 19, 12:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by MobileBanter: Nov 2010
Posts: 467
Default Sending image

On 10 Apr 2019 12:30:34 GMT, Nick Leverton wrote:

In article ,
Scott wrote:
On Mon, 08 Apr 2019 18:19:34 +0100, Scott
wrote:
[snip]

*SOLUTION FOUND*
Thanks for all the comments. I think I have found the direct
solution. The message centre number was missing for some reason and I
have now re-entered it. Curiously, text only messages were okay but
not attachments.


Thanks for reporting back, I was going to ask as I know someone else
with a similar sounding problem. Simple to check anyway !

You're welcome. It wasn't all that simple for me as the setting is
hidden away in 'Advanced' settings and ordinary texts were sending
okay so there was no indication of the problem. It was just good
luck that I started looking at all the settings, just in case.


Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for MS DIGITAL IMAGE SUITE PRO V9 CD2 @[email protected] UK Mobile Phones 5 February 25th 04 01:04 PM
Cameraphones - Image quality Morten Nielsen UK Mobile Phones 3 December 9th 03 06:00 AM
Samsung V200 Camera image limit logical man UK Mobile Phones 2 July 30th 03 01:56 PM
weird image on 7650 when calling . UK Mobile Phones 0 July 25th 03 09:17 PM
image onto 7210? Webmaster UK Mobile Phones 0 July 17th 03 11:32 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 Mobile Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about UK mobile phones"

 

Copyright © 2017