Old April 8th 19, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Sending image

I have tried several times to send an image using Android's Messages.

First I emailed it to myself and tried to forward it using Messages.
It would not send. I thought it might be too large for a text
message. I emailed it again, as a small file. I tried again to
forward this using Messages but still it would not send. I thought
there might be some incompatibility with the format so I took a
photograph using my phone and tried to send this instead. Again it
would not send.

I wondered if the number was invalid. I tested it. It does ring.

Any ideas why a Moto G4 Play would not send a photo attachment to a
text file? Could it be the settings of the recipient's phone?

Old April 8th 19, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 08/04/2019 18:19, Scott wrote:
I have tried several times to send an image using Android's Messages.

First I emailed it to myself and tried to forward it using Messages.
It would not send. I thought it might be too large for a text
message. I emailed it again, as a small file. I tried again to
forward this using Messages but still it would not send. I thought
there might be some incompatibility with the format so I took a
photograph using my phone and tried to send this instead. Again it
would not send.

I wondered if the number was invalid. I tested it. It does ring.

Any ideas why a Moto G4 Play would not send a photo attachment to a
text file? Could it be the settings of the recipient's phone?

Just use Whatsapp (yes I know it's owned by Facebook, etc etc etc....)
but it's foolproof, and works perfectly cross and within platforms.

--
Mark
Old April 8th 19, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 18:37:12 +0100
Mark Carver wrote:

Just use Whatsapp (yes I know it's owned by Facebook, etc etc etc....)
but it's foolproof, and works perfectly cross and within platforms.

Or Telegram.

Martin Nicholas.

E-mail: (Address will be valid throughout
April).

Old April 8th 19, 05:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 08/04/2019 18:48, Martin Nicholas wrote:
On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 18:37:12 +0100
Mark Carver wrote:

Just use Whatsapp (yes I know it's owned by Facebook, etc etc etc....)
but it's foolproof, and works perfectly cross and within platforms.

Or Telegram.

Yes, Telgram is just as good, trouble is nobody else seems to use it !

--
Mark
Old April 8th 19, 06:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 18:50:13 +0100
Mark Carver wrote:

Yes, Telgram is just as good, trouble is nobody else seems to use it !

'bout time somebody did then - all you have to do is install it. A
relative of mine uses it to avoid being hounded on FB by his employers
on his day off, yet still keep in touch with the family.

Old April 8th 19, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 08/04/2019 19:02, Martin Nicholas wrote:
On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 18:50:13 +0100
Mark Carver wrote:

Yes, Telgram is just as good, trouble is nobody else seems to use it !

'bout time somebody did then - all you have to do is install it. A
relative of mine uses it to avoid being hounded on FB by his employers
on his day off, yet still keep in touch with the family.

Surely to hound him via Whatsapp, they just need to know his mobile
number ? My Wife uses FB, I don't, so how does FB interface to WA ?

--
Mark
Old April 8th 19, 10:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Scott writes:

I have tried several times to send an image using Android's Messages.

First I emailed it to myself and tried to forward it using Messages.
It would not send. I thought it might be too large for a text message.
I emailed it again, as a small file. I tried again to forward this
using Messages but still it would not send. I thought there might be
some incompatibility with the format so I took a photograph using my
phone and tried to send this instead. Again it would not send.

I wondered if the number was invalid. I tested it. It does ring.

Any ideas why a Moto G4 Play would not send a photo attachment to a
text file? Could it be the settings of the recipient's phone?

You cannot send an image via the text service (SMS). The Messages app
needs to use the multimedia service (MMS). For that to work your mobile
internet must be turned on. Depending on your provider you may be
charged up to 55p to send each image. The recipient may also be charged.

Messages is unable to send images using Wi-Fi. That is why other
respondents are recommending free services that can such as email,
WhatsApp and many others.

--
Pete Forman
https://payg.pythonanywhere.com
Old April 9th 19, 09:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Mon, 08 Apr 2019 23:28:24 +0100, Pete Forman
wrote:

Scott writes:

[...]

Would it work if I turned off wi-fi and used 4G instead?

I have received many recommendations for WhatsApp but I have concerns
about security. They belong to Facebook I understand, and they
require the right to access my address book which I am not happy with.
Old April 9th 19, 10:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

In article ,
Scott wrote:
I have tried several times to send an image using Android's Messages.

First I emailed it to myself and tried to forward it using Messages.
It would not send. I thought it might be too large for a text
message. I emailed it again, as a small file. I tried again to
forward this using Messages but still it would not send. I thought
there might be some incompatibility with the format so I took a
photograph using my phone and tried to send this instead. Again it
would not send.

I wondered if the number was invalid. I tested it. It does ring.

Any ideas why a Moto G4 Play would not send a photo attachment to a
text file? Could it be the settings of the recipient's phone?

It may be too large for your or their phone company. There's a
per-carrier size limit to MMS attachments, and I think that some service
providers may set it relatively small. Last time I looked, Three had
a limit of 300 kB (sorry about the long URL) :
<http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL?Command=New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=Art icle,varset_cat=callsemails,varset_subcat=3791,Cas e=obj(3351)

Nick
Old April 9th 19, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

wrote:

Scott writes:

[...]

It should work whenever mobile data is on, but if the MMS APN is
incorrect or missing it won't work.