Old April 23rd 19, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Vodafone bottom of the list for 8th year running

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48020470

GiffGaff is top.

Old April 24th 19, 11:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Chris" wrote in message
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48020470

GiffGaff is top.

can't comment upon the rest but I never understand why companies are rated
by they "customer service" department

If you don't have any problems then you never have a need to contact CS.

So the mere fact that you have enough of relationship with CS to be able to
rate them, suggests that the network already has problem.

I have only once phoned my mobile CS in 15 years of ownership

that was to move the SIM to a new provider

tim

Old April 25th 19, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

In article , Chris wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48020470

GiffGaff is top.

I quite like GiffGaff ... but they run on the O2 network which is ****e
around here, their international and roaming prices are horrendous, and
for pure PAYG use (without a GoodyBag) their data has become awfully
expensive.

Vodafone customer service used to be terrible ... they managed to lock
me out of my online account and couldn't explain how/why and could only
suggest that I abandon that account and set up another one! They also
managed to leave me with no service for three days, and then service
but no contract (so at out-of-bundle prices) for a day when I changed
contracts, once.

Recently, however, the service I've received from Vodafone has been
very good.

I really *want* to like Three ... but they don't have the coverage and
their SIM cards aren't recognized by the 3G card in my thinkpad and
they can't explain why ... and the terms and conditions on their
website vary with the wind so I can never tell whether what they're
offering is a good deal ... so I'll stick with Vodafone.

Different users will always have different perceptions of value and of
quality of service, which is why anything printed by the likes of
Which? has to be treated with a pinch of salt.

--
Cheers,
Daniel.

Old April 26th 19, 06:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Daniel James wrote:
In article , Chris wrote:
[...]

I too have no problems with Vf. I run four family phones, SIM only, for
around £50/month in total, all with a minimum of 5Gb of data. Each year I
have the “I want to pay less and get more” conversation with retentions and
come away with a successful result. My student son had his phone stolen one
night and Vf answered at 5am and cut the SIM. Next day my son was able to
walk into a Vf store and pick up a replacement SIM. Roaming in Europe is
totally transparent, with everything running as per my UK allowance, with
no throttling. (Tested my phone in NL yesterday and got 100Mbit down and 18
up). Coverage seems to be improving - Scotch Corner services now has
coverage, which was lacking for years. Like you, I’d like to like Three,
but it’s coverage is patchy still. Where they do have coverage it is a good
service, so I tend to use it as a secondary service on my iPad. Their
200Mbytes/month free SIM is quite handy. Although they advertise many
“free” roaming destinations, I find their European roaming to be heavily
restricted compared to Vf. Often there is no access to 4G. However, to be
fair, they had patches of 4G coverage in the Scottish highlands where Vf
was resolutely stuck on Edge. Vf don’t seem to be very good at marketing
aimed at the consumer, probably because they’ve always had a culture of
being a supplier of services to business. Their forays into fixed line
broadband always seem to end in disaster, their current offering seems to
be getting a lot of criticism, so that may also taint their brand in the
consumer’s mind. I wonder if some of “Which’s” respondents were actually
moaning about Vf’s fixed line broadband service.