Old May 8th 19, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Finding Wi Fi connection passwords...

I've a Samsung S7 running Android v8.

It's connected to my home wi fi network, the paperwork and password
I've stupidly mislaid.

I obviously had the password when I connected the S7 to the network.

Is there a way to find out the password from the S7. If I go to
SettingconnectionsWi-Ficurrent networkedit there is no mention of
the password. Is it possible to find it elsewhere on the S7?

Any help appreciated.
--
Pete

Old May 8th 19, 10:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Wednesday, 8 May 2019 10:41:10 UTC+1, wrote:
I've a Samsung S7 running Android v8.

It's connected to my home wi fi network, the paperwork and password
I've stupidly mislaid.

I obviously had the password when I connected the S7 to the network.

Is there a way to find out the password from the S7. If I go to
SettingconnectionsWi-Ficurrent networkedit there is no mention of
the password. Is it possible to find it elsewhere on the S7?

Any help appreciated.
--
Pete

No but you backed up the S7 to Samsung cloud then you can restore it.
Old May 8th 19, 02:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

I've a Samsung S7 running Android v8.

It's connected to my home wi fi network, the paperwork and password
I've stupidly mislaid.

I obviously had the password when I connected the S7 to the network.

Is there a way to find out the password from the S7. If I go to
SettingconnectionsWi-Ficurrent networkedit there is no mention of
the password. Is it possible to find it elsewhere on the S7?

Any help appreciated.

What is the make and model of your broadband router?
The wifi SSID and encryption key are usually on a label on the device.

Even if there was a removable plastic card with the details that has
been lost, there is usually a label as well.

If the router was provided by your current ISP, they should be able to
tell you the encryption key

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old May 9th 19, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Wed, 08 May 2019 15:58:10 +0100, Graham.
wrote:

I've a Samsung S7 running Android v8.

It's connected to my home wi fi network, the paperwork and password
I've stupidly mislaid.

I obviously had the password when I connected the S7 to the network.

Is there a way to find out the password from the S7. If I go to
SettingconnectionsWi-Ficurrent networkedit there is no mention of
the password. Is it possible to find it elsewhere on the S7?

Any help appreciated.

What is the make and model of your broadband router?
The wifi SSID and encryption key are usually on a label on the device.

Even if there was a removable plastic card with the details that has
been lost, there is usually a label as well.

If the router was provided by your current ISP, they should be able to
tell you the encryption key

As I'm back home now the problem isn't urgent now.

I was staying with a friend whose answer to anything remotely
technical is "I've no idea, sorry can't help"

Trying to cover the several points raised in the various replies

The router is a VM Superhub 3.

I can access http://192.168.1.1 but the 8 digit password on the base
of the SH isn't recognised so I can't get to the settings menu. So
MikeS suggestion of a SH "reset" is probably the way to go but as it's
not my installation and I don't know what else might be affected I'm
reluctant to do it.

At sometime in the past I've connected both my S7 and Samsung tablet
to the 5GHZ band and they still work happily so the 5GHZ band password
is still good.

I was trying to connect my laptop to the SH and I could do to the 2.4
band as the password/phrase on base was still good but not to the 5GHZ
band as that wasn't written down.

It's no great hardship as I can use the laptop on 2.4GHZ while staying
with her but if there was an easy way to find the password I'd used
on the S7 or tablet for the 5GHZ band I could switch the laptop to the
faster band.

I hope this rambling makes sense. Any help appreciated.
--
Pete