Old May 28th 19, 02:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Sending/receiving SMS using PC connected to your Android phone?

Back in the day I had a Nokia 6310i and PC Suite and I could link the
phone to a PC and send and receive SMS messages (and manage my contacts as
well)
All this was free.
There was also a Linux application which supported more phones.

Moving on 10-15 years or so, and I am wondering if there is a free
application which runs on Windows and can do similar things.

My main requirement is to send and receive SMS messages.
Address book/contacts is a bonus.

Does anyone use such an application?

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old May 28th 19, 04:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

David wrote:

I am wondering if there is a free
application which runs on Windows and can do similar things.

If you use Google Messages as your SMS app, open this in a web browser

<https://messages.google.com/web

And point your mobile's camera at the QR code ...

Old May 28th 19, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Tue, 28 May 2019 17:25:39 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

David wrote:

I am wondering if there is a free application which runs on Windows and
can do similar things.

If you use Google Messages as your SMS app, open this in a web browser

<https://messages.google.com/web

And point your mobile's camera at the QR code ...

Ah!

Thanks, will have a look at that.

I'm playing with Mighty Text at the moment which also seems to be from the
Google stable.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old May 28th 19, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Tuesday, 28 May 2019 15:06:38 UTC+1, David wrote:
Back in the day I had a Nokia 6310i and PC Suite and I could link the
phone to a PC and send and receive SMS messages (and manage my contacts as
well)
All this was free.
There was also a Linux application which supported more phones.

Moving on 10-15 years or so, and I am wondering if there is a free
application which runs on Windows and can do similar things.

My main requirement is to send and receive SMS messages.
Address book/contacts is a bonus.

Does anyone use such an application?

Cheers

Dave R

---

Samsung had an app' called Side Sync, which does all this up to the S8, but I am not certain it works on the S9.

Microsoft are supposed to be releasing something which will do this native in Windows for Android phones.
Old June 7th 19, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

I use and app called MySMS which seems great, I do pay a bit for it though but worth it in my view. Sends from PC or tablet too and they have a version that sends from an alternative phone as though it was main phone. All works very well

Prior to that I used MightyText which was also good.