Old May 29th 19, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Samsung spare batteries.

Last time I got a spare battery for my Sansung Galaxy S5 from a small
shop, I was not confident that it was genuine because it did not seem to
last long.

So I bought one direct from Samsung, it did not cost much more and came
very quickly.

So just been looking on the Samsung website. I can see the spare
batteries on the website but no way of ordering one. Do they sell spares?

Old May 30th 19, 03:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

MB wrote:
So just been looking on the Samsung website. I can see the spare
batteries on the website but no way of ordering one. Do they sell spares?

They do:
https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-ac...ery/?batteries

but the ones that are out of stock as just marked as 'learn more', others
have 'buy now' links.

I'm not sure if the S5 is too old for them to sell spares now.

For the best bet of getting a genuine one, I'd try a major supplier who
sells new Samsung phones, so already has a distributor relationship with
Samsung. They might have new-old-stock inventory in their warehouse.

Theo
Old May 30th 19, 07:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 30/05/2019 16:41, Theo wrote:
MB wrote:
So just been looking on the Samsung website. I can see the spare
batteries on the website but no way of ordering one. Do they sell spares?

They do:
https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-ac...ery/?batteries

but the ones that are out of stock as just marked as 'learn more', others
have 'buy now' links.

I'm not sure if the S5 is too old for them to sell spares now.

For the best bet of getting a genuine one, I'd try a major supplier who
sells new Samsung phones, so already has a distributor relationship with
Samsung. They might have new-old-stock inventory in their warehouse.

Theo

I had a reply from Samsung to say that I should go to or contact one of
their dealers so looks as if they no longer sell spares direct.

I picked up a battery in a small shop - sure it was more expensive than
the one I had previously direct from Samsung.

Old May 30th 19, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 30/05/2019 20:38, MB wrote:

I had a reply from Samsung to say that I should go to or contact one of
their dealers so looks as if they no longer sell spares direct.

I picked up a battery in a small shop - sure it was more expensive than
the one I had previously direct from Samsung.

My other half has an S3 mini, she got a new Samsung (badged, at least)
battery for that from Amazon. It appears to be genuine, at least if it
isn't it's holding a charge reasonably well.