Old June 4th 19, 02:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default POTUS's Tweets

On Mon, 3 Jun 2019 19:29:10 +0100, Malcolm Loades
wrote:

On 03/06/2019 19:04, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 03/06/2019 18:06, Woody wrote:
On Mon 03/06/2019 16:28, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 03/06/2019 14:59, MB wrote:
The media are making a lot of Trump busy typing his Tweets about
London's useless mayor as his aircraft came into land at Stanstead.

Is it not more likely that he had typed them on his Blackberry
earlier and they were transmitted as they came into range of the UK
mobile network?

I couldn't give two hoots about Trump or any of his rantings. It's
through him that I'll never be able to visit friends in the States
again. I refuse point blank to give 5 years history of my email
accounts and phone numbers to get into the country. I'm not sure I
even remember what phone numbers I had 5 years ago.

I think, Ria, that you have got the wrong end of the handle. AFAICT the
queries are only voluntary and are selective on people with Arab or
Islamic connections. They don't require history, only your social media
names and your latest employment and as I said it is voluntary.

Or are you a clandestine member of ISIS which none of us knew?

See he

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-...eporting-story

Unless I'm missing something..?

What I think you're missing is that UK citizens don't need a visa to
visit friends in US unless the visit is longer than 90 days. Thus they
aren't asked these questions.

They don't need a visa, but they do need an ESTA. There's a question
about your social media accounts on the ESTA application, but it's
optional.

Old June 4th 19, 02:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Mon, 3 Jun 2019 14:59:35 +0100, MB wrote:

The media are making a lot of Trump busy typing his Tweets about
London's useless mayor as his aircraft came into land at Stanstead.

Is it not more likely that he had typed them on his Blackberry earlier
and they were transmitted as they came into range of the UK mobile network?

I'm sure Air Force One is fully equipped with internet access, as well
as just about any other form of communications imaginable.

Old June 4th 19, 07:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 03/06/2019 14:59, MB wrote:
[...]

Yep. It lasts two years and costs about a tenner. You fill it in online and
gets approved within a day as long as you don't check the box marked "Are
you a terrorist? "

Old June 4th 19, 07:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 04/06/2019 03:13, Chris in Makati wrote:
On Mon, 3 Jun 2019 14:59:35 +0100, MB wrote:

The media are making a lot of Trump busy typing his Tweets about
London's useless mayor as his aircraft came into land at Stanstead.

Is it not more likely that he had typed them on his Blackberry earlier
and they were transmitted as they came into range of the UK mobile network?

I'm sure Air Force One is fully equipped with internet access, as well
as just about any other form of communications imaginable.

True but all reports say that Trump uses his Blackberry that he carries
at all times.

Old June 4th 19, 07:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 04/06/2019 08:04, MB wrote:
On 04/06/2019 03:13, Chris in Makati wrote:
On Mon, 3 Jun 2019 14:59:35 +0100, MB wrote:

The media are making a lot of Trump busy typing his Tweets about
London's useless mayor as his aircraft came into land at Stanstead.

Is it not more likely that he had typed them on his Blackberry earlier
and they were transmitted as they came into range of the UK mobile
network?

I'm sure Air Force One is fully equipped with internet access, as well
as just about any other form of communications imaginable.

True but all reports say that Trump uses his Blackberry that he carries
at all times.

Which I assume has wifi, and so does Air Force One (or in fact Air Force
One may have pico cells on board and it's own mobile network).

Old June 4th 19, 08:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 03/06/2019 23:00, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 03/06/2019 22:35, Woody wrote:

Yes. The UK is part of the Visa Waiver Programme so you don't need to
apply for a Visa and thus don't have to give said information.

You do need an ESTA

https://www.esta-online.com/blogs/es...media-question

Optional question though ...

That's a commercial website that charges $74 for an ESTA - as about as
trustworthy as the orange one.
They claim to offer a "value-added service" - at $60 a pop, lord knows
what value they actually add.

Old June 4th 19, 09:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 04/06/2019 09:22, John Kenyon wrote:
That's a commercial website that charges $74 for an ESTA - as about as
trustworthy as the orange one.
They claim to offer a "value-added service" - at $60 a pop, lord knows
what value they actually add.

There are regular warnings about using Google to find things like that,
just about guaranteed to take you to a commercial site. Happening for
lots of things that are either free or have a minimal charge.

Old June 4th 19, 09:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 03/06/2019 14:59, MB wrote:
[...]

The thing you seem to have missed is that as a UK citizen you can visit
the USA for up to 90 days under the Visa waiver program aka ESTA.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-waiver-program/

But watch out for fake sites that take your money and do nothing.

Unless your name is on a watch list or something bad. I knew one poor
sod who has to tick the box "have you ever been refused entry to the
USA?" after getting on a transatlantic flight without a valid passport.

Martin Brown
Old June 4th 19, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Who the **** is ever going to say yes to that question..?!

Old June 4th 19, 04:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Tue, 04 Jun 2019 15:52:30 +0100, MissRiaElaine wrote:

On 04/06/2019 08:03, Chris wrote:

Yep. It lasts two years and costs about a tenner. You fill it in online and
gets approved within a day as long as you don't check the box marked "Are
you a terrorist? "

Who the **** is ever going to say yes to that question..?!

Nobody. But if you turn out to be a terrorist and didn't check that box,
then they can prosecute you for making an invalid application - which is
presumably an easy court case. Bit like Al Capone getting prosecuted for
tax evasion.