Old June 3rd 19, 01:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default POTUS's Tweets

The media are making a lot of Trump busy typing his Tweets about
London's useless mayor as his aircraft came into land at Stanstead.

Is it not more likely that he had typed them on his Blackberry earlier
and they were transmitted as they came into range of the UK mobile network?

Old June 3rd 19, 03:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 03/06/2019 14:59, MB wrote:
The media are making a lot of Trump busy typing his Tweets about
London's useless mayor as his aircraft came into land at Stanstead.

Is it not more likely that he had typed them on his Blackberry earlier
and they were transmitted as they came into range of the UK mobile network?

I couldn't give two hoots about Trump or any of his rantings. It's
through him that I'll never be able to visit friends in the States
again. I refuse point blank to give 5 years history of my email accounts
and phone numbers to get into the country. I'm not sure I even remember
what phone numbers I had 5 years ago.

Old June 3rd 19, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Mon 03/06/2019 16:28, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 03/06/2019 14:59, MB wrote:
The media are making a lot of Trump busy typing his Tweets about
London's useless mayor as his aircraft came into land at Stanstead.

Is it not more likely that he had typed them on his Blackberry earlier
and they were transmitted as they came into range of the UK mobile
network?

I couldn't give two hoots about Trump or any of his rantings. It's
through him that I'll never be able to visit friends in the States
again. I refuse point blank to give 5 years history of my email accounts
and phone numbers to get into the country. I'm not sure I even remember
what phone numbers I had 5 years ago.

I think, Ria, that you have got the wrong end of the handle. AFAICT the
queries are only voluntary and are selective on people with Arab or
Islamic connections. They don't require history, only your social media
names and your latest employment and as I said it is voluntary.

Or are you a clandestine member of ISIS which none of us knew?

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Old June 3rd 19, 05:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 03/06/2019 18:06, Woody wrote:

I think, Ria, that you have got the wrong end of the handle. AFAICT the
queries are only voluntary and are selective on people with Arab or
Islamic connections. They don't require history, only your social media
names and your latest employment and as I said it is voluntary.

Or are you a clandestine member of ISIS which none of us knew?

They probably do a routine scan of those IDs. There will only be
problems if something suspicious if found, particularly if you have not
disclosed the ID.

Extreme Left politicians and pop groups can get away with threatening to
kill the Prime Minister in the UK, do that in the USA against POTUS and
you will be in serious trouble.

Old June 3rd 19, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 03/06/2019 14:59, MB wrote:
[...]

See he

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-...eporting-story

Unless I'm missing something..?

Old June 3rd 19, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 03/06/2019 14:59, MB wrote:
[...]

What I think you're missing is that UK citizens don't need a visa to
visit friends in US unless the visit is longer than 90 days. Thus they
aren't asked these questions.

If you don't have UK passport, nor one from any other visa waiver
country, that's rather unfortunate.

Malcolm
Old June 3rd 19, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 03/06/2019 19:29, Malcolm Loades wrote:

What I think you're missing is that UK citizens don't need a visa to
visit friends in US unless the visit is longer than 90 days.* Thus they
aren't asked these questions.

You're right, I did miss that. But what if I *do* want to go for longer
than 90 days..? And how long before they extend it to everybody..? I
wouldn't put anything past that idiot.

Old June 3rd 19, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 03/06/2019 19:33, MissRiaElaine wrote:
You're right, I did miss that. But what if I *do* want to go for longer
than 90 days..? And how long before they extend it to everybody..? I
wouldn't put anything past that idiot.

I think many countries have different rules for anything more than a
short tourist type visit.

Old June 3rd 19, 09:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 03/06/2019 14:59, MB wrote:
[...]

Yes. The UK is part of the Visa Waiver Programme so you don't need to
apply for a Visa and thus don't have to give said information.

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Old June 3rd 19, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 03/06/2019 22:35, Woody wrote:

Yes. The UK is part of the Visa Waiver Programme so you don't need to
apply for a Visa and thus don't have to give said information.

You do need an ESTA

https://www.esta-online.com/blogs/es...media-question

Optional question though ...

--