Old June 13th 19, 06:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default on the subject of USB C charging...

My One+ phone does high speed charging with the appropriate charger. I’ve
only ever charged it with the supplied “dash” charger.

Can one get a 12V in-car charger that will also do high speed charging?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Old June 13th 19, 09:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 13 Jun 2019 06:54:13 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

My One+ phone does high speed charging with the appropriate charger. Ive
only ever charged it with the supplied dash charger.

Can one get a 12V in-car charger that will also do high speed charging?

My TomTom charger made an attempt to do this. The phone has never
charged so quickly and the charger was too hot to touch!
Old June 13th 19, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Scott wrote:
On 13 Jun 2019 06:54:13 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

My One+ phone does high speed charging with the appropriate charger. I’ve
only ever charged it with the supplied “dash” charger.

Can one get a 12V in-car charger that will also do high speed charging?

My TomTom charger made an attempt to do this. The phone has never
charged so quickly and the charger was too hot to touch!

I’ve hat very hot TomTom chargers too. I think they use pretty basic
voltage regulators.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old June 13th 19, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Chronos wrote:
On 13 Jun 2019 06:54:13 GMT
Tim+ wrote:

Can one get a 12V in-car charger that will also do high speed
charging?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works perfectly for me. The orange port is the QC3 chippery.

Thanks. Looks just the ticket.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old June 15th 19, 06:15 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Anthony R. Gold wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 10:04:51 +0100, Chronos wrote:

On 13 Jun 2019 06:54:13 GMT
Tim+ wrote:

Can one get a 12V in-car charger that will also do high speed
charging?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works perfectly for me. The orange port is the QC3 chippery.

Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 will not deliver a full 4 Amp Dash/Warp charge
rate to an OP phone. You need this https://isn.page.link/KTLn or similar.

Hmm, over three times the price and only a single port? Thanks but in
practice the other model seems to work very well and I do need more than
one port.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls