Old July 2nd 19, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Text to switch

Tweed wrote:

what do you do for a sim for the
new network? Do you have to wait for a new one in the post?

Pop into a phone shop ...

Old July 3rd 19, 11:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Andy Burns wrote:

the port is queued-up to take effect tomorrow ...

I currently seem to be in limbo where neither the old, or new SIM is
working.

Old July 3rd 19, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Forgive my stupidity in all of this, but what do you do for a sim for the
new network? Do you have to wait for a new one in the post? I presume the
old network’s sim doesn’t work on the new network?

If you want to move from one network to another you have to obtain a SIM for the new network and that will have with it a new number. Once you've texted the old network and obtained a PAC code, you give that to the new network and the next working day the old number that you want to keep will be on the new SIM, replacing the one that came with it
Old July 5th 19, 01:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 02/07/2019 20:20, Tweed wrote:
Murmansk wrote:
I did it with Plusnet on Monday morning, got a response in about an hour
and by today at 10am my number was transferred to to 3

Forgive my stupidity in all of this, but what do you do for a sim for the
new network? Do you have to wait for a new one in the post? I presume the
old network’s sim doesn’t work on the new network?

When you join the new network you will be supplied with a new Sim, you
must get one suitable for your phone if you plan to continue using it.

If you have an expired contract phone, it may make sense to tell the old
network in advance that you want to terminate the contract as they so as
they may well want 30 days notice.

--
Michael Chare
Old July 6th 19, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 02/07/2019 20:13, Murmansk wrote:
I did it with Plusnet on Monday morning, got a response in about an hour and by today at 10am my number was transferred to to 3

I thought PlusNet mobile didn't support short code texts. Maybe they
have to in this case, to comply.

Old July 6th 19, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Doesn’t work on Three.

Tried last night, after 2.5 hours got message back “Oops, we can't process your request at the moment due to a system issue. Try again later or visit bit.ly/2PPX1tL for more info.”

Just tried again, message won’t even send now.

Doesn’t surprise me with Three though I’m afraid.

Landru.

Old July 6th 19, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Sat, 6 Jul 2019 16:28:52 +0100, Mark wrote:

On 02/07/2019 20:13, Murmansk wrote:
I did it with Plusnet on Monday morning, got a response in about an hour and by today at 10am my number was transferred to to 3

I thought PlusNet mobile didn't support short code texts. Maybe they
have to in this case, to comply.

That's what I thought as well. Mind you I'd rather call
them if I was thinking of leaving because they are good
at offering better deals to remain. You can't get that
from an automatic text.
Old July 7th 19, 10:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Steve" wrote in message

On Sat, 6 Jul 2019 16:28:52 +0100, Mark wrote:

On 02/07/2019 20:13, Murmansk wrote:
I did it with Plusnet on Monday morning, got a response in about an
hour and by today at 10am my number was transferred to to 3

I thought PlusNet mobile didn't support short code texts. Maybe they
have to in this case, to comply.

That's what I thought as well. Mind you I'd rather call
them if I was thinking of leaving because they are good
at offering better deals to remain. You can't get that
from an automatic text.

As the basic PN deal seems to be one of the cheapest around, ISTM the only
reason one might have for moving is because you want something more than the
basic deal and PN don't offer anything that fits your needs

I doubt that call centre staff (PN or anybody) have the flexibility to offer
you a non standard deal, just standard deals at discount prices

tim

Old July 7th 19, 10:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 07/07/2019 10:11, tim... wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message

On Sat, 6 Jul 2019 16:28:52 +0100, Mark wrote:

On 02/07/2019 20:13, Murmansk wrote:
I did it with Plusnet on Monday morning, got a response in about an
hour and by today at 10am my number was transferred to to 3

I thought PlusNet mobile didn't support short code texts.* Maybe they
have to* in this case, to comply.

That's what I thought as well. Mind you I'd rather call
them if I was thinking of leaving because they are good
at offering better deals to remain. You can't get that
from an automatic text.

As the basic PN deal seems to be one of the cheapest around, ISTM the
only reason one might have for moving is because you want something more
than the basic deal and PN don't offer anything that fits your needs

I doubt that call centre staff (PN or anybody) have the flexibility to
offer you a non standard deal, just standard deals at discount prices

....all of which are bettered by the short-term promos on the website.

No-one can better the PN deal I bought a couple of years ago; not even
PN and despite its recent 5% price rise.

Price rises across all players in the last 18 months have boosted most
of the entry level tariffs by around £2.

Old July 7th 19, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Sun, 7 Jul 2019 10:11:31 +0100, tim... wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message

[...]

A couple of times they've had a special deal for more
mins, txt and data for what I was paying. So one time I
called them and they upgraded me to the new deal with
no hassle at all. Another time I did this they
wouldn't, so I asked for my pac. I was transferred to
retention who matched the deal plus gave me a credit on
my account too. Currently I pay eight pounds 40 pence
for unlimited mins, unlimited texts and five GB of
data.