Old July 2nd 19, 08:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Text to switch

According to
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom...mobile-network

Text to switch: it's never been simpler to switch mobile network

To find out more – text ‘INFO’ to 85075

So I did that and received the response:

Sorry, we haven't been able to deliver your message to shortcode "87075". You might like to
double-check the number and try sending it again.

Is it just Virgin Media?

Old July 2nd 19, 09:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Tue, 02 Jul 2019 08:32:21 +0100
Optimist wrote:

Is it just Virgin Media?

Nope 1p-mobile does the same.

Martin Nicholas.

E-mail: (Address will be valid throughout
July).

Old July 2nd 19, 09:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Optimist wrote:

Sorry, we haven't been able to deliver your message to shortcode "87075". You might like to
double-check the number and try sending it again.

Is it just Virgin Media?

nope, message stuck in "sending" state on tescomobile

not off to a good start for the new PAC system :-( I was going to use it
today anyway...
Old July 2nd 19, 09:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Andy Burns wrote:

Optimist wrote:

Is it just Virgin Media?

nope, message stuck in "sending" state on tescomobile

hang on the proper number is 85075, that works

also note the different numbers, you send "PAC" to 65075, or "STAC" to
75075 ..
Old July 2nd 19, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Tue, 2 Jul 2019 09:45:25 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Optimist wrote:

Is it just Virgin Media?

nope, message stuck in "sending" state on tescomobile

hang on the proper number is 85075, that works

also note the different numbers, you send "PAC" to 65075, or "STAC" to
75075 ..

I did notice that. As I did not wish to initiate the switching process, I chose the option to ask
for more information.

Old July 2nd 19, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Andy Burns wrote:

Optimist wrote:

Is it just Virgin Media?

nope, message stuck in "sending" state on tescomobile

hang on the proper number is 85075, that works

also note the different numbers, you send "PAC" to 65075, or "STAC" to
75075 ..

I did notice that. As I did not wish to initiate the switching process, I chose the option to ask
for more information.

Oh no - I feel such a fool! Yes I did enter the wrong number ! And I checked it about 3 times!
Old age creeping up and the pills I'm taking lately!
Old July 2nd 19, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Optimist wrote:

Yes I did enter the wrong number ! And I checked it about 3 times!
Old age creeping up and the pills I'm taking lately!

Well, I sent my PAC request by text, and I did get it back within
seconds, the port is queued-up to take effect tomorrow ...

Old July 2nd 19, 08:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

I did it with Plusnet on Monday morning, got a response in about an hour and by today at 10am my number was transferred to to 3

Old July 2nd 19, 08:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Murmansk wrote:
I did it with Plusnet on Monday morning, got a response in about an hour
and by today at 10am my number was transferred to to 3

Forgive my stupidity in all of this, but what do you do for a sim for the
new network? Do you have to wait for a new one in the post? I presume the
old network’s sim doesn’t work on the new network?

Old July 2nd 19, 08:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Murmansk wrote:

I did it with Plusnet on Monday morning, got a response in about an hour

Isn't it meant to be within 1 minute?