UK Mobile Phones (uk.telecom.mobile) Mobile telephone equipment and networks.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11   Report Post  
Old August 4th 19, 12:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by MobileBanter: Apr 2018
Posts: 13
Default Cannot get PAC from Three

On 03/08/2019 14:58, David Wade wrote:
On 03/08/2019 11:31, Gyp wrote:
On 10/07/2019 18:17, Tim+ wrote:

I migrated away from three without any particular problem that I recall.
Methinks you are making mountains out of molehills.


took me 2 calls and about 90 minutes on the phone as the disconnection
team members did everything they could to get me to stay.

After that, I swore never to return to them.

Unfortunatly, I'm now tempted by their unlimited data plan as an
alternative to a BT landline :-(

This might temper your enthusiasm...

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...a-adverts.html


https://tinyurl.com/y36ly9rm

... and once a cheat, always a cheat...

Dave


Personally I always thought that no tethering was a perfectly reasonable
restriction for the "all you can eat" case, though not for the X GB case.

Would it really be fair to buy a single all you can eat SIM meant for a
phone and use it, say, instead of a home internet connection for a whole
family, or maybe instead of an internet connection for a large office
with dozens of PCs?

In the "all you can eat" case it always seemed reasonable to restrict
what you can use it for to me.

Anyway they've been forced to drop the restriction now.

--

Brian Gregory (in England).

  #12   Report Post  
Old August 4th 19, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by MobileBanter: Jun 2015
Posts: 373
Default Cannot get PAC from Three

On Saturday, 3 August 2019 14:58:05 UTC+1, David Wade wrote:
On 03/08/2019 11:31, Gyp wrote:
On 10/07/2019 18:17, Tim+ wrote:

I migrated away from three without any particular problem that I recall.
Methinks you are making mountains out of molehills.


took me 2 calls and about 90 minutes on the phone as the disconnection
team members did everything they could to get me to stay.

After that, I swore never to return to them.

Unfortunatly, I'm now tempted by their unlimited data plan as an
alternative to a BT landline :-(

This might temper your enthusiasm...

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...a-adverts.html

https://tinyurl.com/y36ly9rm

... and once a cheat, always a cheat...

Dave


Indeed 3 has a long and ignominious reputation for dire customer service, sharp practice, bill shock and other dirty tricks.

OTOH data in the scheme is now described as "unlimited" : -

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones

and it says you can use it as a hot spot.

One friend, who recently moved is using one at home and another is ordering to use for his small business as ADSL is slow where he is.
  #13   Report Post  
Old August 4th 19, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by MobileBanter: Jul 2018
Posts: 218
Default Cannot get PAC from Three

On 04/08/2019 01:37, Brian Gregory wrote:

Personally I always thought that no tethering was a perfectly reasonable
restriction for the "all you can eat" case, though not for the X GB case.

Would it really be fair to buy a single all you can eat SIM meant for a
phone and use it, say, instead of a home internet connection for a whole
family, or maybe instead of an internet connection for a large office
with dozens of PCs?

In the "all you can eat" case it always seemed reasonable to restrict
what you can use it for to me.


I don't see that. Data is data is data, it shouldn't matter what
equipment you use it with. If they didn't mean all you can eat, they
shouldn't say so. I doubt you'd get the throughput for much more than
one or maybe two PC's anyway, so I don't think using it for an office
environment is a realistic proposition.

Anyway they've been forced to drop the restriction now.


And rightly so.


--
Ria in Aberdeen

[Send address is invalid, use sipsoup at gmail dot com to reply direct]
  #14   Report Post  
Old August 8th 19, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by MobileBanter: Jun 2015
Posts: 373
Default Cannot get PAC from Three

On Sunday, 4 August 2019 15:37:30 UTC+1, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Saturday, 3 August 2019 14:58:05 UTC+1, David Wade wrote:
On 03/08/2019 11:31, Gyp wrote:
On 10/07/2019 18:17, Tim+ wrote:

I migrated away from three without any particular problem that I recall.
Methinks you are making mountains out of molehills.

took me 2 calls and about 90 minutes on the phone as the disconnection
team members did everything they could to get me to stay.

After that, I swore never to return to them.

Unfortunatly, I'm now tempted by their unlimited data plan as an
alternative to a BT landline :-(

This might temper your enthusiasm...

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...a-adverts.html

https://tinyurl.com/y36ly9rm

... and once a cheat, always a cheat...

Dave


Indeed 3 has a long and ignominious reputation for dire customer service, sharp practice, bill shock and other dirty tricks.

OTOH data in the scheme is now described as "unlimited" : -

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones

and it says you can use it as a hot spot.

One friend, who recently moved is using one at home and another is ordering to use for his small business as ADSL is slow where he is.


Only today Three have been caught out ripping off customers: -

https://nosymedia.info/three-ireland...ng-fees/12763/
https://www.independent.ie/business/...-38385711.html
  #15   Report Post  
Old August 9th 19, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by MobileBanter: Jun 2004
Posts: 67
Default Cannot get PAC from Three

On 08/08/2019 16:15, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
<SNIP
Only today Three have been caught out ripping off customers: -

https://nosymedia.info/three-ireland...ng-fees/12763/
https://www.independent.ie/business/...-38385711.html


That's Three Ireland, not Three UK.



  #16   Report Post  
Old August 9th 19, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by MobileBanter: Jun 2015
Posts: 373
Default Cannot get PAC from Three

On Friday, 9 August 2019 15:55:08 UTC+1, John Kenyon wrote:
On 08/08/2019 16:15, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
<SNIP
Only today Three have been caught out ripping off customers: -

https://nosymedia.info/three-ireland...ng-fees/12763/
https://www.independent.ie/business/...-38385711.html


That's Three Ireland, not Three UK.


Probably roaming between the republic and NI.

  #17   Report Post  
Old August 25th 19, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by MobileBanter: Apr 2018
Posts: 13
Default Cannot get PAC from Three

On 04/08/2019 16:15, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 04/08/2019 01:37, Brian Gregory wrote:

Personally I always thought that no tethering was a perfectly
reasonable restriction for the "all you can eat" case, though not for
the X GB case.

Would it really be fair to buy a single all you can eat SIM meant for
a phone and use it, say, instead of a home internet connection for a
whole family, or maybe instead of an internet connection for a large
office with dozens of PCs?

In the "all you can eat" case it always seemed reasonable to restrict
what you can use it for to me.


I don't see that. Data is data is data, it shouldn't matter what
equipment you use it with. If they didn't mean all you can eat, they
shouldn't say so. I doubt you'd get the throughput for much more than
one or maybe two PC's anyway, so I don't think using it for an office
environment is a realistic proposition.

Anyway they've been forced to drop the restriction now.


And rightly so.



It was always in the small print.

--

Brian Gregory (in England).
  #18   Report Post  
Old August 26th 19, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by MobileBanter: Jun 2015
Posts: 373
Default Cannot get PAC from Three

On Monday, 8 July 2019 16:19:28 UTC+1, Graham. wrote:
Been trying to get a PAC from Three since Saturday.

Tried texting PAC to 65075, they relied asking m me to text PAC and my DOB to 65075 in the format PAC DDMMYY which I did.

Now all I get back is “Oops, we can't process your request at the moment due to a system issue. Try again later or visit bit.ly/2PPX1tL for more info.”

Tried contacting them, same excuse.

What can I try next?


Perhaps you lied about your age when you signed up.
It's something I might do on the basis that they don't need to know,
and leaving a false audit trail for when their database gets hacked.


I didn't lie, but when I was a teenager I had a motorbike. After it got knocked over while parked (no claim, but I reported it because I called the police) my insurance premium shot up. I shopped around and was pleased to get a very competitive quote for a Norwich Union rider policy.

I kept this on for over 15 years, even when I didn't have a bike for the princely sum of £10 a year until they suddenly changed the policy, so I did not renew.

Some years later NU mail shotted me for life insurance, with the proposal details already filled in and this explained the low premium - I had entered my DoB correctly as xx/12/yy, but they had entered into their system as xx/02/yy, saving me hundreds of pounds in premiums over the years...




--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%




Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Three cannot receive text messages fom S.Africa Maurice UK Mobile Phones 18 December 21st 15 01:16 PM
Three / 3 (Mobile) - Skype on three (Non-three [Symbian - Nokia] handsets) News Reader UK Mobile Phones 0 January 5th 10 06:25 AM
get pac, port out, then port in with another pac [email protected] UK Mobile Phones 4 November 20th 08 09:30 PM
PAC Out, PAC Back in as quickly as possible Stevie UK Mobile Phones 2 July 31st 05 12:47 PM
Sony CMD-J70 Cannot send text messages. Steve Terry UK Mobile Phones 0 July 4th 03 11:57 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 Mobile Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about UK mobile phones"

 

Copyright © 2017