Mobile Banter

Mobile Banter (https://www.mobilebanter.co.uk/)
-   UK Mobile Phones (https://www.mobilebanter.co.uk/uk-mobile-phones/)
-   -   Cannot get PAC from Three (https://www.mobilebanter.co.uk/uk-mobile-phones/50235-cannot-get-pac-three.html)

[email protected] July 8th 19 01:19 PM

Cannot get PAC from Three

Been trying to get a PAC from Three since Saturday.

Tried texting PAC to 65075, they relied asking m me to text PAC and my DOB to 65075 in the format PAC DDMMYY which I did.

Now all I get back is “Oops, we can't process your request at the moment due to a system issue. Try again later or visit bit.ly/2PPX1tL for more info.”

Tried contacting them, same excuse.

What can I try next?

Graham.[_10_] July 8th 19 03:19 PM

Cannot get PAC from Three

Been trying to get a PAC from Three since Saturday.

Tried texting PAC to 65075, they relied asking m me to text PAC and my DOB to 65075 in the format PAC DDMMYY which I did.

Now all I get back is Oops, we can't process your request at the moment due to a system issue. Try again later or visit bit.ly/2PPX1tL for more info.

Tried contacting them, same excuse.

What can I try next?

Perhaps you lied about your age when you signed up.
It's something I might do on the basis that they don't need to know,
and leaving a false audit trail for when their database gets hacked.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Tim+[_3_] July 8th 19 05:34 PM

Cannot get PAC from Three

MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 08/07/2019 14:19, wrote:
Been trying to get a PAC from Three since Saturday.

Tried texting PAC to 65075, they relied asking m me to text PAC and my
DOB to 65075 in the format PAC DDMMYY which I did.

Now all I get back is “Oops, we can't process your request at the moment
due to a system issue. Try again later or visit bit.ly/2PPX1tL for more info.”

Tried contacting them, same excuse.

What can I try next?

Ring them on 333.

This. It’s the obvious answer.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

[email protected] July 9th 19 05:28 PM

Cannot get PAC from Three

The point is I don’t wish to phone them, be sat in a cue for ages and then be the subject of their stalling tacktics.

That’s the whole point of this text for PAC malarkey.

I have filed a complaint via the Resolve website see how that goes.

Chris in Makati July 9th 19 09:07 PM

Cannot get PAC from Three

On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 10:28:44 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

The point is I dont wish to phone them, be sat in a cue for ages and then be the subject of their stalling tacktics.

Thats the whole point of this text for PAC malarkey.

I have filed a complaint via the Resolve website see how that goes.

I understand that, but surely in the time it's taken you to post here
asking about it, and now file a complaint and wait for a response you
could have just phoned them and been all done and dusted by now?

MissRiaElaine[_2_] July 10th 19 04:10 PM

Cannot get PAC from Three

On 09/07/2019 18:28, wrote:
The point is I don’t wish to phone them, be sat in a cue for ages and then be the subject of their stalling tacktics.

That’s the whole point of this text for PAC malarkey.

I have filed a complaint via the Resolve website see how that goes.

If it's a free call, I don't much care, as long as they don't play
god-awful hold "music" at me for too long.

When I called them to ask for a PAC, it was all fairly painless, I was
answered quickly (ish) and although they did go on a bit, once I made it
very clear I was serious, they gave me the code.

Total call time I suppose was somewhere in the order of 5 minutes or so.

Tim+[_3_] July 10th 19 05:17 PM

Cannot get PAC from Three

Chronos wrote:
On Tue, 09 Jul 2019 22:07:38 +0100
Chris in Makati wrote:

I understand that, but surely in the time it's taken you to post here
asking about it, and now file a complaint and wait for a response you
could have just phoned them and been all done and dusted by now?

Not really. If you factor in the time it takes to shower away the dirty
feeling of being sales-droided, you're still well ahead of breaking
even by posting on Usenet. Add to that the remorse of not telling them
to sod off at every opportunity for days thereafter, because "British
manners and etiquette," along with the slightly guilty feeling that
not being able to understand call-centre pidgin English is borderline
racism...

I'd rather poke my eyes out with an unwashed mustard spoon than run the
gauntlet of Three's telephone PAC process again. I only bothered with
my 'phone because my number is easy to remember. Mrs Chronos' number,
which we've had since Pontius was a pilot, is still stuck on Three.

I migrated away from three without any particular problem that I recall.
Methinks you are making mountains out of molehills.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Gyp[_3_] August 3rd 19 10:31 AM

Cannot get PAC from Three

On 10/07/2019 18:17, Tim+ wrote:

I migrated away from three without any particular problem that I recall.
Methinks you are making mountains out of molehills.

took me 2 calls and about 90 minutes on the phone as the disconnection
team members did everything they could to get me to stay.

After that, I swore never to return to them.

Unfortunatly, I'm now tempted by their unlimited data plan as an
alternative to a BT landline :-(

--
Gyp

---

David Wade[_3_] August 3rd 19 01:58 PM

Cannot get PAC from Three

On 03/08/2019 11:31, Gyp wrote:
On 10/07/2019 18:17, Tim+ wrote:

I migrated away from three without any particular problem that I recall.
Methinks you are making mountains out of molehills.

took me 2 calls and about 90 minutes on the phone as the disconnection
team members did everything they could to get me to stay.

After that, I swore never to return to them.

Unfortunatly, I'm now tempted by their unlimited data plan as an
alternative to a BT landline :-(

This might temper your enthusiasm...

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...a-adverts.html

https://tinyurl.com/y36ly9rm

.... and once a cheat, always a cheat...

Dave