Old July 11th 19, 11:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Three record of calls made

Is there some way that I can check my Three PAYG usage ? I seldom use it
since switching to another provider. I checked my credit at the end of
May and have since probably only made one one short call and sent two
texts but my balance has dropped by about £5.
Derek

Old July 12th 19, 08:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Apd Apd is offline

"DerekF" wrote:
Is there some way that I can check my Three PAYG usage ?

There's an app called "Three" you can download. There may be other
ways - check their website at three.co.uk.

Old July 12th 19, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 12/07/2019 09:53, Apd wrote:
"DerekF" wrote:
Is there some way that I can check my Three PAYG usage ?

There's an app called "Three" you can download. There may be other
ways - check their website at three.co.uk.

I checked their website and did not find anything nor is there an E-Mail
option.Guess I'll need to speak to them. I once had a SIM card cloned
and it was used for cold calls for PPI claims etc.
Derek
Old July 12th 19, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 12/07/2019 19:45, DerekF wrote:
On 12/07/2019 09:53, Apd wrote:
"DerekF" wrote:
Is there some way that I can check my Three PAYG usage ?

There's an app called "Three" you can download. There may be other
ways - check their website at three.co.uk.

I checked their website and did not find anything nor is there an E-Mail
option.Guess I'll need to speak to them.* I once had a SIM card cloned
and it was used for cold calls for PPI claims etc.
Derek

The Three app is in the store pertinent to your phone platform. (The
Windows one still works.)

Plus...Android can you show summary mobile data use; perhaps you are
using data in the background without realising?

Old July 13th 19, 07:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 12/07/2019 00:20, DerekF wrote:
Is there some way that I can check my Three PAYG usage ? I seldom use it
since switching to another provider. I checked my credit at the end of
May and have since probably only made one one short call and sent two
texts but my balance has dropped by about £5.
Derek

I use "SMS & CallLog Backup" for logging calls/SMS in the phone as Three
do not provide PAYG users with an itemised call log. However, this does
not identify "phantom calls" where the phone is not used - such as a
random 1MB data charge (1p) even though I have data (permanently) disabled.

--
PeeGee

Old July 14th 19, 12:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 13/07/2019 08:23, PeeGee wrote:
On 12/07/2019 00:20, DerekF wrote:
Is there some way that I can check my Three PAYG usage ? I seldom use
it since switching to another provider. I checked my credit at the end
of May and have since probably only made one one short call and sent
two texts but my balance has dropped by about £5.
Derek

I use "SMS & CallLog Backup" for logging calls/SMS in the phone as Three
do not provide PAYG users with an itemised call log. However, this does
not identify "phantom calls" where the phone is not used - such as a
random 1MB data charge (1p) even though I have data (permanently) disabled.

That was where the money was going I had the Three SIM set up for data
connection rather than my 1p mobile one.
https://www.1pmobile.com
/index.taf?msclkid=49d017d989031530c6c94b2fdd3c61eb
Derek

Old July 14th 19, 07:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Was astonished by the detail available on 1p mobile. Data charges
listed down to an hourly resolution.

Just shows what can be done if you try.

Martin Nicholas.

E-mail: (Address will be valid throughout
July).

Old July 14th 19, 11:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 14/07/2019 08:03, Martin Nicholas wrote:
Was astonished by the detail available on 1p mobile. Data charges
listed down to an hourly resolution.

Just shows what can be done if you try.

I just hope as a smaller provider that they last.
Derek

Old July 15th 19, 11:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 15/07/2019 00:28, DerekF wrote:
On 14/07/2019 08:03, Martin Nicholas wrote:
Was astonished by the detail available on 1p mobile. Data charges
listed down to an hourly resolution.

Just shows what can be done if you try.

I just hope as a smaller provider that they last.
Derek

Not if they insist on regular topups irrespective of whether any calls
are made or not, they won't.

Why would I use a system that would see me end up with a potential
balance of hundreds of pounds..? I would never use it up, so it's money
wasted. This is why I use PAYG and not a contract.

I'll stick with O2 Classic, thanks. I was quite happy with Three until
they stopped the wifi access on my Samsung S5 mini, but at least on O2 I
can use my trusty Nokia 6310i again. Never really needed a so-called
"smart" phone anyway.

Old July 15th 19, 03:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

DerekF wrote:
On 12/07/2019 09:53, Apd wrote:
"DerekF" wrote:
Is there some way that I can check my Three PAYG usage ?

There's an app called "Three" you can download. There may be other
ways - check their website at three.co.uk.

I checked their website and did not find anything nor is there an E-Mail
option.Guess I'll need to speak to them. I once had a SIM card cloned
and it was used for cold calls for PPI claims etc.
Derek

The place to check remaining PAYG credit on the Three website is "My3"
https://www.three.co.uk/My3Account2018/My3Login

They don't offer an itemised call/data breakdown