Old August 31st 19, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Nagging Samsung

Just bought my first Samsung and unlike any previous android phones it’s
nagging me to set up a Samsung account, Samsung Pay and other Samsung
branded services.

Am I right I thinking I can just tell it to eff off or might I be missing
out on useful stuff?

A lot of it just seems like duplication of other Google/Android devices.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Old August 31st 19, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 31 Aug 2019 17:58:13 GMT, Tim+ wrote:

Just bought my first Samsung and unlike any previous android phones it’s
nagging me to set up a Samsung account, Samsung Pay and other Samsung
branded services.

Am I right I thinking I can just tell it to eff off or might I be missing
out on useful stuff?

Yeah, ignore it.

A lot of it just seems like duplication of other Google/Android devices.

That's what | think, too.
When my warranty had elapsed I rooted my phone and
deleted all the bloat. Phone still works and I think
it's better than before.

Tim

Old August 31st 19, 06:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Tim+ wrote:
Just bought my first Samsung and unlike any previous android phones it’s
nagging me to set up a Samsung account, Samsung Pay and other Samsung
branded services.

Am I right I thinking I can just tell it to eff off or might I be missing
out on useful stuff?

A lot of it just seems like duplication of other Google/Android devices.

Tim

“Services”, not devices.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old August 31st 19, 06:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Saturday, 31 August 2019 18:58:15 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
Just bought my first Samsung and unlike any previous android phones it’s
nagging me to set up a Samsung account, Samsung Pay and other Samsung
branded services.

Am I right I thinking I can just tell it to eff off or might I be missing
out on useful stuff?

A lot of it just seems like duplication of other Google/Android devices.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Samsung account is useful and gives automatic back up.

Samsung Pay is up to you, but I don't use my phone for money, just tickets.

I was thinking of setting up a new credit card with a small limit or even prepaid, so that I can, but there is no way I am exposing my main accounts to being looted for £££££ due to a hack or just a silly mistake by me.