Old October 26th 19, 06:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default What is 5G?

Whilst looking up things for the rural not spot thread I came across this
site

https://5g.co.uk/guides/what-is-5g/

It seems to be a fairly reasonable discussion of where things are going,
minus much of the marketing hype.

Old October 26th 19, 08:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Tweed wrote:

Whilst looking up things for the rural not spot thread I came across this
site

https://5g.co.uk/guides/what-is-5g/

The UK networks are all launching 5G with extra spectrum around the
3.5GHz region. I wonder how long it'll be before they start rolling-out
the 25-40GHz base stations to every streetlamp?
Old October 26th 19, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Sat 26/10/2019 07:59, Tweed wrote:

Whilst looking up things for the rural not spot thread I came across this
site

https://5g.co.uk/guides/what-is-5g/

It seems to be a fairly reasonable discussion of where things are going,
minus much of the marketing hype.

I like the bit about download speeds:-
3G Average download speed 8Mbps Maximum download speed 384Kbps
Eh?

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Old October 26th 19, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Saturday, 26 October 2019 11:38:13 UTC+1, Woody wrote:
On Sat 26/10/2019 07:59, Tweed wrote:

Whilst looking up things for the rural not spot thread I came across this
site

https://5g.co.uk/guides/what-is-5g/

It seems to be a fairly reasonable discussion of where things are going,
minus much of the marketing hype.

I like the bit about download speeds:-
3G Average download speed 8Mbps Maximum download speed 384Kbps
Eh?

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Actually 14M4bps.

When I got my N79 in 2009 (7M2bps download), it said it wanted to update something. Experience with my [work] Blackberry indicated a long wait, so I got up to make a cup of tea, however before leaving my desk I glanced back and the N79 said "download completed". I assumed it had not really done it, but checking carefully I discovered it had and must have managed several Mbps to do so.
Old October 30th 19, 01:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 06:59:00 +0000 (UTC), just as I was about to take
a herb, Tweed disturbed my reverie and wrote:

It seems to be a fairly reasonable discussion of where things are going,
minus much of the marketing hype.

It is going to be the next thing the "foil hat brigade" worry about.
--
Cheers,

DrT

** Amateurs built the Ark, but professionals built the Titanic.**

Old October 30th 19, 07:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

DrTeeth wrote:
On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 06:59:00 +0000 (UTC), just as I was about to take
a herb, Tweed disturbed my reverie and wrote:

It seems to be a fairly reasonable discussion of where things are going,
minus much of the marketing hype.

It is going to be the next thing the "foil hat brigade" worry about.

Not “going to be”, but “is”.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...tland-49401068

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old October 30th 19, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Wednesday, 30 October 2019 08:00:07 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
DrTeeth wrote:
On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 06:59:00 +0000 (UTC), just as I was about to take
a herb, Tweed disturbed my reverie and wrote:

It seems to be a fairly reasonable discussion of where things are going,
minus much of the marketing hype.

It is going to be the next thing the "foil hat brigade" worry about.

Not “going to be”, but “is”.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...tland-49401068

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Is that where the Wicker Man was filmed?