Old November 9th 03, 09:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Does Bluetooth drain the battery (S55)?

I dropped my S55 on the same day I got my bluetooth headset and ever since,
I've noticed the battery seems to be discharging rather quickly (between
24-48 hours). The headset is always switched off when not in the car, but
I realise now that bluetooth is always checked (enabled) on the S55. Can
that drain the power? Should I always disable bluetooth on the phone when
the headset is not in use?

(I'm grasping at straws and hoping it's not the battery.)
--
Lee J. Moore
http://cafe-society.com

Old November 9th 03, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Lee J. Moore" wrote:
I dropped my S55 on the same day I got my bluetooth headset and ever since,
I've noticed the battery seems to be discharging rather quickly (between
24-48 hours). The headset is always switched off when not in the car, but
I realise now that bluetooth is always checked (enabled) on the S55. Can
that drain the power? Should I always disable bluetooth on the phone when
the headset is not in use?

Having bluetooth enabled will drain the battery much faster than not having it
enabled whether it is used or not. You can set the shortcut key to toggle
between bluetooth being on and off.
HTH
Paul

Old November 9th 03, 11:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Lee Lee is offline

Paul Cox wrote:
"Lee J. Moore" wrote:

I dropped my S55 on the same day I got my bluetooth headset and ever since,
I've noticed the battery seems to be discharging rather quickly (between
24-48 hours). The headset is always switched off when not in the car, but
I realise now that bluetooth is always checked (enabled) on the S55. Can
that drain the power? Should I always disable bluetooth on the phone when
the headset is not in use?

Having bluetooth enabled will drain the battery much faster than not having it
enabled whether it is used or not. You can set the shortcut key to toggle
between bluetooth being on and off.
HTH
Paul

I don't have an S55 anymore but when I did, I noticed that the battery
didn't last very long when bluetooth or GPRS was activated together. In
the end I had both of these switched off unless I was actually using
them. This saved me quite a bit of battery power, and the phone would
seem to last about three to four days then.

Lee

--
Spam trapped

Replace "yellow" with blue to reply

Old November 9th 03, 01:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Lee J. Moore" wrote in message
I dropped my S55 on the same day I got my bluetooth headset and ever

since,
I've noticed the battery seems to be discharging rather quickly (between
24-48 hours). The headset is always switched off when not in the car, but
I realise now that bluetooth is always checked (enabled) on the S55. Can
that drain the power? Should I always disable bluetooth on the phone when
the headset is not in use?

(I'm grasping at straws and hoping it's not the battery.)
--
Lee J. Moore
http://cafe-society.com

On the S55 bluetooth drains the battery in spades! Reducing battery life to
25% of what it should be!

Roger

Old November 9th 03, 02:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Paul Cox wrote:
//
Having bluetooth enabled will drain the battery much faster than not
having it enabled whether it is used or not. You can set the shortcut
key to toggle between bluetooth being on and off.
HTH

Excellent. Thanks to Roger and Lee for their responses too. I've just
assigned key 8 as the shortcut so I'll just toggle it on and off when I'm
in the car and hope that the battery life returns to normal. It used to
last about five/six days before I enabled Bluetooth.

Cheers
--
Lee J. Moore
http://cafe-society.com