Old December 6th 19, 06:50 PM posted to comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware

Default Hint: Changing the camera app can remarkably improve your photo quality of results (but why?)

Arlen Holder schreef:
On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 00:54:47 +0100, Alex Plantema wrote:

No problem downloading from
https://forum.xda-developers.com/nok...-plus-t3905686
using Firefox and installing. Only some warnings needed to be
ignored...

Nonetheless, I'm curious if when you press the Help buttons, it
crashes?
o More Settings Help & feedback Send feedback <--- this crashes
on me o More Settings Help & feedback Help <--- this crashes on
me

Does your Nokia Google Gcam APK port crash on that feedback also?

There's no Help & feedback under Settings.
Instead there's an About with some links to www.celsoazevedo.com and shows an option GCam Settings info which is a text page explaining some options.

--
Alex.

Old December 6th 19, 10:41 PM posted to comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 10:03:48 -0800, The Real Bev wrote:

[1] Info on how to root with the 'KingRoot' app:
<http://al.howardknight.net/?STYPE=msgid&MSGI=%3Cqhvkm7.4l8.1%40ID-201911.user.individual.net%3E

We tried rooting something a couple of years ago. It was supposed to be
easy. It wasn't and it didn't work. I'm a pessimist and assume that
doing this will end up with me having to do a factory reset, which is
(in effect) why I'm not upgrading from 7 to 8. The resulting
configuration requirement is NOT something I'm prepared to choose to do
:-( The potential cost by far outweighs the potential benefit.

I've jailbroken an iOS device (to switch from AT&T to T-Mobile), and I've
rooted an old Samsung Galaxy S3 (just for the fun of it), where my Samsung
Galaxy S3 charging port was kaput, so I had to use the non-USB rooting
methods.

I was pleasantly surprised that it was _trivial_ to root that Samsung S3!

As I recall, for my Samsung S3 Android 4.3 T-Mobile T-999, I did this:
a. I downloaded the KingoRoot free app to my unrooted S3:
<https://root-apk.kingoapp.com
b. I executed the downloaded app & answered the questions it asked.
c. I rebooted.

It was that easy, as I recall.

Of course, every phone is different but it was trivial for me on the S3.
Old December 6th 19, 10:41 PM posted to comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 20:50:43 +0100, Alex Plantema wrote:

Does your Nokia Google Gcam APK port crash on that feedback also?

There's no Help & feedback under Settings.
Instead there's an About with some links to www.celsoazevedo.com and shows an option GCam Settings info which is a text page explaining some options.

Thanks for that information, where I will "presume" that the people who
ported the app didn't want the app to be sending information to Google (for
a bunch of good reasons, I would think).

The porters of my Moto G7 Gcam APK port, likely, I presume, simply disabled
the call to Google servers (I will presume).

In your case, I will presume the porters of the Nokia Gcam APK port likely
were more graceful by simply _removing_ the "Help & Feedback" settings.

It would be interesting what _other_ people find, where, in the absence of
further data, that's my hypothesis (based only on what you & I
experienced).

Thank you for being a good Usenet citizen by reporting back to the team.

--
Usenet is a public potluck where adults purposefully help each other.
Old December 6th 19, 11:27 PM posted to comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware

In article , Arlen Holder
wrote:

I've jailbroken an iOS device (to switch from AT&T to T-Mobile),

not required.
Old December 6th 19, 11:34 PM posted to comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware

On Fri, 06 Dec 2019 19:27:02 -0500, nospam wrote:

I've jailbroken an iOS device (to switch from AT&T to T-Mobile),

not required.

To spare the _adults_ on this ng the indignity of me having to drop down to
nospam's level to respond to his childish brazen denials of fact, this is
my one and only response (just as with the well-known troll, Savageduck).

*The Apologists consistently prove they have no _adult_ response to facts.*

The adults on this ng will note that nospam is one of the score of
aforementioned Apple apologists, who brazenly deny facts (sans a shred of
proof) simply because they don't like facts about Apple products.

o What are the common well-verified psychological traits of the Apple Apologists on this newsgroup?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/18ARDsEOPzM/veU8FwAjBQAJ

One of the most common of the 7 responses of apologists to facts they don't like...
o Is simply to brazenly deny those facts (sans a shred of proof)

o What key trait distinguishes Apple Apologists from normal adults?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/yyNyGsFKPlQ/F1oVb8ICBgAJ

*The Apologists consistently prove they have no _adult_ response to facts.*
--
Apologists prove, by what they write, to not own an adult brain that is
comprehensive of even the most simple of basic facts; hence they turn into

Old December 8th 19, 06:12 PM posted to comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware

On Sun, 8 Dec 2019 07:24:49 -0600, kelown wrote:

My snapshots display immediately for viewing in my Simple Gallery app.

Hi kelown,

Thanks for answering that question, where I realized today in debugging
that I have a DCIM on both the sdcard0 and sdcard1, where it could be
simply that each camera app is setting the DCIM directory, but the
"gallery" (or SMS) app has to "find" the pictures, when they're not
necessarily all on the same card.

As an aside, I really wish Android would allow me to install apps where I
want them to go, and I try to find apps that allow me to store their data
where I want it to be.

The best camera apps allow us to put the pictures where they belong, where
each one of us should be allowed to define where they belong. For example:
/sdcard1/data1/pictures/DCIM/.

My habit, since the Android file system, IMHO, is a royal mess, is to
create a directory named "data0" on sdcard0, and "data1" on sdcard1, where
I put anything I care about in _that_ directory (under a logical
hierarchy).

This helps a lot when I do my periodic factory resets (since I test a lot
of software and hence, make a lot of system changes that I don't
necessarily still need after I choose the best software for the job).

For example, I tested every free SMS app known to man for Android, and only
after about six months of testing (yes, some apps do different things over
time, like display ads or nag screens), I settled on the best SMS app:
o Best free SMS app for Android
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/up2NoEHr9M8/atinCKpaEAAJ

Since I also delete everything I can related to Google, I had to make a ton
of system changes, so every once in a while I wipe out the system to start
anew, where having the DCIM directory safely on the sdcard1 is a boon to
backup & reinstall.

In summary, thanks for letting me know that your pictures show up
immediately, where I think my problem is my hierarchy isn't honed yet.