Old December 7th 19, 01:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default PayPoint problems.

On 07/12/2019 13:25, Chris wrote:
T i m wrote:

[1] Their '3-2-1 PAYG' deal seems to be gone and I ended up with a 10
quid data bundle. I pulled all 3 O2 PAYG numbers into one online
account and over their online chat, got that changes to their straight
(and now *much* more expensive) PAYG tariff. ;-(

Move to Three. They still do 3-2-1.

I moved *from* 3-2-1 due to Three's lack of coverage in this area.

Old December 7th 19, 07:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

T i m wrote:

[1] Their '3-2-1 PAYG' deal seems to be gone and I ended up with a 10
quid data bundle. I pulled all 3 O2 PAYG numbers into one online
account and over their online chat, got that changes to their straight
(and now *much* more expensive) PAYG tariff. ;-(

Move to Three. They still do 3-2-1.

I moved *from* 3-2-1 due to Three's lack of coverage in this area.

I would agree with that. 3's coverage especially at 4G is decidedly thin
in places. It looks as though if they don't think there will be much
traffic in an area they just don't upgrade.

We go to a caravan site in NE Somerset which has O2 and VF on an
electricity pylon about 700m west and EE and 3 on a 3 tower 1Km east.
All do good fast 4G except 3 which is 3G only. The problem is that this
is a rural area where landline broadband tops out at about 6Mb and is
mostly 2Mb or even less. Since I put the site owner onto the idea of 4G
broadband which he happily tried out (on EE) he is so delighted with it
he has told all his pals and 3 are loosing business like fast.

Per the earlier response to my comments about O2 Classic 3-2-1, if you
are already on it then it keeps going as long as you do, but if you
hadn't joined on or before 6th November then you cannot use it, your
only option is a bundle. The top-up requirement relates to bundles, not
to 3-2-1, confirmed by O2 yesterday.

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Old December 7th 19, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

T i m wrote:

[...]

Do you have a link please?

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old December 8th 19, 07:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

--

No, it was an on-line chat.

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Old December 8th 19, 12:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

T i m wrote:
On Sat, 7 Dec 2019 13:25:06 -0000 (UTC), Chris
wrote:

<snip

If so, it doesn't seem very fair and if he was to charge to cover his
costs, he'd be breaking their T&C's (or some other rules) and the PP
service could be taken away from him (not that he would care, other
than for the service he likes to provide to locals and the thought
that it might increase the footfall though his shop).

If it is likely to be true we may make a point of using him for some
shopping as people like that deserve some support.

Just go to a supermarket.

Again, I didn't know that and wouldn't have seen as I never go to the
fags and lottery booth. ;-)

Neither do I. Just ask at the till when you pay for your shopping. They'll
then print out a code for you to use.

Old December 8th 19, 12:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

T i m wrote:

[1] Their '3-2-1 PAYG' deal seems to be gone and I ended up with a 10
quid data bundle. I pulled all 3 O2 PAYG numbers into one online
account and over their online chat, got that changes to their straight
(and now *much* more expensive) PAYG tariff. ;-(

Move to Three. They still do 3-2-1.

I moved *from* 3-2-1 due to Three's lack of coverage in this area.

I would agree with that. 3's coverage especially at 4G is decidedly thin
in places. It looks as though if they don't think there will be much
traffic in an area they just don't upgrade.

Can't say I've seen the same. There is one spot near here that's terrible,
but it's terrible on all networks.

I also wonder how people can be so categorical. Does everyone walk around
with two mobile phones in different networks and constantly checks their
relative speed/coverage?

Old December 8th 19, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Sun, 8 Dec 2019 13:29:02 -0000 (UTC), Chris
wrote:

<snip

I would agree with that. 3's coverage especially at 4G is decidedly thin
in places. It looks as though if they don't think there will be much
traffic in an area they just don't upgrade.

Can't say I've seen the same. There is one spot near here that's terrible,
but it's terrible on all networks.

I also wonder how people can be so categorical. Does everyone walk around
with two mobile phones in different networks and constantly checks their
relative speed/coverage?

Not everyone <g, but many people talk to those who are with them,
especially when they aren't getting any service and you might be?

Or when visiting people, getting no signal, remarking on it and the
locals suggesting that what you are seeing is expected / normal on
that network or those networks / frequencies?

Cheers, T i m

Old December 8th 19, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 12/8/2019 8:29 AM, Chris wrote:

I also wonder how people can be so categorical. Does everyone walk around
with two mobile phones in different networks and constantly checks their
relative speed/coverage?

I use a dual-SIM phone. The differences in coverage can be interesting,
especially when one of the SIMs is roaming.
Old December 8th 19, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On 08/12/2019 20:41, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 8 Dec 2019 13:29:02 -0000 (UTC), Chris
wrote:

<snip

I would agree with that. 3's coverage especially at 4G is decidedly thin
in places. It looks as though if they don't think there will be much
traffic in an area they just don't upgrade.

Can't say I've seen the same. There is one spot near here that's terrible,
but it's terrible on all networks.

I also wonder how people can be so categorical. Does everyone walk around
with two mobile phones in different networks and constantly checks their
relative speed/coverage?

Not everyone <g, but many people talk to those who are with them,
especially when they aren't getting any service and you might be?

Or when visiting people, getting no signal, remarking on it and the
locals suggesting that what you are seeing is expected / normal on
that network or those networks / frequencies?

I would expect, that being half a mile from the centre of the third
largest city in Scotland, that I would get a reasonable signal in a
first floor flat standing next to the window. But I don't on Three. O2
is full scale pretty much everywhere in the area. Still want to know why
I switched..?

Old December 9th 19, 12:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 00:48:12 +0000, MissRiaElaine
wrote:

<snip

I would expect, that being half a mile from the centre of the third
largest city in Scotland, that I would get a reasonable signal in a
first floor flat standing next to the window. But I don't on Three. O2
is full scale pretty much everywhere in the area. Still want to know why
I switched..?

Quite.

RF's can be a strange beast with multipath, reflection and skip and
lots of other things I'm sure, especially when the sources are either
low power or few and far between.

Cheers, T i m