Old December 19th 19, 05:12 PM posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile

Default Free hour overrun charges (BT and others)

I normally set a timer to ensure that I do not exceed the free hour
(weekend calls) that comes with my BT and similarly with some mobile
tariffs.

Last week I went 20s over on a BT call and was fulling expecting a
charge for 1hr 20s, but pleasantly I was only charged for the 20s
(16p).

Am I misremembering that the full charge would be applied or was this
unfair practices stomped on? Does anyone now apply the full charge?

--
AnthonyL

Why do scientists need to BELIEVE in anything?

Old December 21st 19, 01:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Thursday, 19 December 2019 18:12:41 UTC, AnthonyL wrote:
I normally set a timer to ensure that I do not exceed the free hour
(weekend calls) that comes with my BT and similarly with some mobile
tariffs.

Last week I went 20s over on a BT call and was fulling expecting a
charge for 1hr 20s, but pleasantly I was only charged for the 20s
(16p).

Am I misremembering that the full charge would be applied or was this
unfair practices stomped on? Does anyone now apply the full charge?

--
AnthonyL

BT start charging after an hour, but at their rack rates so the free call quickly becomes very expensive if hang on!