Old December 19th 19, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default How to disable voicemail on an iPhone XR?

On an iPhone XR runnin iOS 13.2.3 and connecting to the mobile phone
network using a number supplied by Three, how do disable voicemail?

I have never actually configured voicemail, but whenever someone calls my
number and the phone is switched off (which is most of the time), they hear
a message giving them the option to leave a voicemail. I want the number to
keep on ringing without being answered, or if they must hear a message then
for the message to tell them the phone is switched off and that's it.

Recently I got a text message from Three itself saying they'd left me a
voicemail, and I would like to delete that messsage without setting up
voicemail in the first place.

In short, I would like to kill the voicemail facility, deleting whatever
may be in the box, without even listening to it and without setting up
voicemail in the first place. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance,

Harry

Old December 19th 19, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Harold Davis wrote:
[...]

Nothing to do with the handset, it’s service provided by 3.

To turn off...

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-...as e=obj(3354)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old December 19th 19, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Tim+ wrote:
Harold Davis wrote:
[...]

Duff link. Text from website.

If you want to turn off your voicemail, you'll need to call us on on 333
from a Three phone or 0333 338 1001 (standard rates apply) from any other
phone.

Once you’ve turned off voicemail, you’ll have to call us again on the same
number if you want to set it back up again.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old December 19th 19, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Tim+ wrote in

:

Tim+ wrote:
Harold Davis wrote:
[...]

http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-...mand=New,Kb=Mo
bile,Ts=Mobile,T=Article,varset_cat=callsemails,va rset_subcat=3794,Cas
e=obj(3354)

Duff link. Text from website.

If you want to turn off your voicemail, you'll need to call us on on
333 from a Three phone or 0333 338 1001 (standard rates apply) from
any other phone.

Once you’ve turned off voicemail, you’ll have to call us again on
the same number if you want to set it back up again.

Thanks, Tim. (And the link you posted worked fine for me.)

Cheers,

Harry
Old December 20th 19, 10:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 22:29:37 +0000, Harold Davis wrote:

Tim+ wrote in

:

Tim+ wrote:
Harold Davis wrote:
[...]

It might be worth knowing that the network achieves voicemail by
call forwarding to a preset number. The network has finer control
available than the simple "voicemail on/off" - you can control
forwarding to voicemail (or another number) for "when busy",
"when unavailable", and "when not answered" (this one with perhaps
a configurable delay).
I find it useful to disable forwarding to voicemail for "when not
answered" because when I'm out by the time I've realised my phone
is ringing and I've got it out of my pocket it can be too late.

Configured on my Samsung Android handset with Phone, Settings,
Supplementary services, Call forwarding.

Or you can do it with GSM codes if you like:
http://www.geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/gsmcodes.php