Old December 27th 03, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default An open letter to Jean Francois Pontal (Orange CEO) - Long

Dear Monsieur Pontal,
As a long standing Orange customer of many years, I have seen the
quality and overall value-for-money of the Orange network decline rapidly,
coincidentally around the same time as your debt-ridden company (FT)
purchased it.

Once, the future was bright, with Orange Everyphone, International calls at
20% below BT rates, cheap roaming, Everyday 50, Free Care, SMS from 4p, 0800
data, cheap x-net calls, OVP and Orange Assistant to name a few things.

Orange Everyphone:
A brialliant idea! An idea where Orange get an income from the incoming
calls diverted to another number. However, this amount was smaller than
standard diverts (obviously), so you canned it. People who used and loved
Everyphone now won't divert at all due to the higher cost. Own Goal Orange!

International Calls at 20% below BT rates:
Another great idea! Ditch the home phone and call abroad at 20% lower than
BT rates. Once again, this idea was scuppered by new "simpler" prices (ie:
more expensive). Do you now realise that people now call abroad via other
methods on Orange due to your price-hike? Own Goal Orange!

Roaming:
See above. Since the "simplification", the roaming rates have risen to suit.
People now buy local sim cards to make their calls. Own Goal Orange!

Everyday 50:
Probably the best tariff ever thought up! Didn't make much money for people
who used all their 50 mins daily and never made an off peak call. But then
again, who can confess to that? People made peak calls regularly, and never
used all their 50 mins allocation. (Most people I knew had bills of
30-40). Now you scuppered probably one of the biggest cash-cows for the
network. Own Goal Orange!

Free Ca
Probably saw this coming, but with your new "simpler" pricing, this would
have been an ideal incentive to entice new connections, even just keeping it
free for 6 months, but no! And now you introduce an excess fee. It isn't
worth 2 a month now, let alone 5! And what about all the loyal customers
who had their loyaly discount? Shafted of course. Own Goal Orange!

SMS from 4p:
OK, only on higher Talk Plans, but the majority of Orange customers could
send SMS for about 6-7p a shot. Seeing it probably costs about 0.1p for you
to carry a text, I cannot see it justifiable for you to increase it to 10p!
As a result, I text less. Own Goal Orange!

0800 data:
OK, it seemed that you were losing out on this one, but surely you lose more
on 0800 voice? Oh wait a minute - you actually still *MAKE* money on these
calls! A small amount admittedly, but you actually lose nothing by providing
it. Result: I stopped earning you that small amount by getting BT installed
at home. Own Goal Orange!

X-Net calls:
Do they need to be 35p/min? No!
On the old Plans, they cost 12p/min off peak. OK, not inclusive, but cheaper
all the same, so why not reduce off peak costs for Orange to Orange Talk
Plan customers? No, of course you have your ARPU to think about! I now use
18866 from my BT phone to call mobiles at 10p/min or 2p/min at weekends! Own
Goal Orange!

OVP:
Now, I could write an entire letter about this one! Since assuming power at
Orange, have you actually read what OVP stands for? Orange Value PROMISE!
(Emphasis on the last word)
Back in the Good-'ol days, when OVP was introduced, you practically
replicated everything about the tariff. Now though, totally different ball
game -----

Orange - "We cannot match the 3p Virgin Text as our network cannot
differentiate between on-net and x-net texts"
WRONG! In the old days, you matched One 2 Ones differing text rates (4p
on-net and 10p off net)

Orange: "We cannot match the 6pm off peak starting time for Freetime 750 as
our billing system won't allow it"
WRONG! You managed it perfectly for One2Weekend and One2Evening tariffs. Not
to mention you being perfectly able to replicate O2 and Vodaofnes Peak and
Off Peak times with no problems.

Orange: We can't match 3 tariffs because....
WRONG! You "matched" them for a while for churning customers because you
actually realsied 3 was a threat to your voice business. Then you realsied
everyone got onto the bandwagon and stopped it. Now people are actually
leaving Orange for 3! Nice move!

..... I could go on.......

Lets face it - OVP is a FARCE! You need to do the following *NOW* to restore
faith in OVP customers:-

6pm start time for Off Peak on T-Mobile OVP.

FREE CS calls for Vodafone OVP - Vodafone abolished charges to 191 years
ago!

3p on-net texts to Virgin OVP customers.

Match 3's tariffs.

Keep a closer eye on competitors - (Evening and weekend on Voda is now 900
mins, not 300)

Own Goal Orange!

And finally, Orange Assistant, a service that albeit not used by many has
been a valuable business tool for many. And maybe, one of the few staying
points for Orange business customers that have maybe been disappointed with
Orange with other things, and may now decide to jump ship. Own Goal again
Orange!

So, to cap it all, France Telecom need to listen more to punters rather than
squueze every last penny out of them. Because one day, you'll squeeze them
so hard, they'll slip out of your hands like an old bar of soap, straight
into the clutches of a rival.

Joyeux Noel!

Simon

Old December 27th 03, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"www.kernow-telecom.co.uk" wrote in
message ...
Dear Monsieur Pontal,

[...]
Joyeux Noel!

Simon

Nice one Simon!
I wrote a similar one (email) when they messed me about whilst trying to get
a good deal on upgrade. I got a phone call on the 23rd from the Exec Office
saying how they would be submitting my comments to a meeting of the board
(or some board anyway!). The more complaints they get about one particular
issue, then they'll take action on that point. Don't know how true this
might be, but it's worth a shot. The Executive Office e-mail is executive
DOT office AT orange DOT co DOT uk

Old December 27th 03, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

[...]

Excellent letter M8. I too have parted company with Orange. Now with O2 and
happy(er).

Old December 27th 03, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Excellent - I have also raised most of these points with O and am sorry to
say that my two contracts are now being run down, only weeks to go, prior to
leaving for 3 - I shall not be staying, they don't deserve customer loyalty

Old December 27th 03, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Paul Landregan" wrote in message

"www.kernow-telecom.co.uk" wrote in
message ...
Excellent letter M8. I too have parted company with Orange. Now with O2

and
happy(er).

Did you really have to quote a 6KB post to tell us that?

*Plonk*

Old December 27th 03, 10:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"www.kernow-telecom.co.uk" wrote in message
Dear Monsieur Pontal,
As a long standing Orange customer of many years, I have seen the
quality and overall value-for-money of the Orange network decline rapidly,
coincidentally around the same time as your debt-ridden company (FT)
purchased it.

Once, the future was bright, with Orange Everyphone, International calls at
20% below BT rates, cheap roaming, Everyday 50, Free Care, SMS from 4p, 0800
data, cheap x-net calls, OVP and Orange Assistant to name a few things.

<snip

That's about it in a nutshell.
Clearly Orange have a serious management problem since Snookums left.

"Your plan" cost a million quid, and... a year in the planning !!
Jeeezz... Those Orange management morons in the Orange cinema ads
****ing off Carrie Fisher, and Roy Schnider really are in charge of the asylum.

To say they haven't a clue what to do would be the understatement of the year.
i.e. look at the latest, replacing YP120 and up 2000 text with unlimited
weekends !

Where the 'uck did that gem come from ??
Overloaded Orange MC next weekend ? Naaaa.....

IMO the answers simple, Orange have a lovely conference centre in
Birmingham, they should be inviting the 50 leading members of the Orange list
to a brainstorm meeting there.

Steve Terry

Old December 27th 03, 10:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Steve Terry" wrote in message

IMO the answers simple, Orange have a lovely conference centre in
Birmingham, they should be inviting the 50 leading members of the Orange

list
to a brainstorm meeting there.

So I am not mad? People actually agree with me?

Geez! I thought I was alone here, and I connect people to this network every
single day! Maybe it's the Christmas slug of cooking sherry, but Orange have
had this coming for a good 18 months now....... *GRRRR*

Simon (Who is chartering a bus for 50 people to the B'Ham conference
centre - I'm driving!)

Best mobile deals around! Cheap international calls
(India only 10p/min on 0871 570 8216), (USA, Europe
and Oz National rate on 0870 794 8303/0844 570 8303)
More great deals: www.kernow-telecom.co.uk

Old December 27th 03, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"www.kernow-telecom.co.uk" wrote in message
"Steve Terry" wrote in message

IMO the answers simple, Orange have a lovely conference centre in
Birmingham, they should be inviting the 50 leading members of the Orange

list
to a brainstorm meeting there.

So I am not mad? People actually agree with me?

Geez! I thought I was alone here, and I connect people to this network every
single day! Maybe it's the Christmas slug of cooking sherry, but Orange have
had this coming for a good 18 months now....... *GRRRR*

Simon (Who is chartering a bus for 50 people to the B'Ham conference
centre - I'm driving!)

They'll have to offer me some sensible expenses before i'll go

Steve Terry

Old December 27th 03, 10:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"www.kernow-telecom.co.uk" wrote in message
Dear Monsieur Pontal,

<snip

Hasn't he recently moved over for some other even more faceless entity ?

Steve Terry

Old December 27th 03, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default An open letter to Solomon Trujillo (Orange CEO) - Long

"Steve Terry" wrote in message
news
Hasn't he recently moved over for some other even more faceless entity ?

Yes. I have since emailed the real CEO, Solomon Trujillo.

Sorry!

Simon