Old January 2nd 04, 06:08 PM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile

Default Pairing two 6310i's witha Bluetooth headset?

I have two 6310i's which I'm using in the UK, one I intend to keep on
T-mobile and one (my old handset) that is currently locked to T-Mobile that
I want to get unlocked so I can use it with my Orange SIM in the evenings.

I have one Jabra Bluetooth headset that is currently paired to the T-Mobile
phone.

What are the implications of using my other phone with the headset once it
is on an Orange SIM?

Do I have to unpair the T-Mobile phone whenever I want to use it with the
Orange phone?

TIA.
--
Brian
"I know about kittens and knitting. Will that do?"

Old January 2nd 04, 07:33 PM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile

No . Just pair it with both and then you can activate whichever phone you
are using at the time to work with it . You cannot have them active ( that
is switched on ) on the two phones at once though . I have 2 6310i's and
they both work ok with a Ericson HD35.

John

Old January 3rd 04, 06:45 AM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile

"John" wrote in message
No . Just pair it with both and then you can activate whichever phone you
are using at the time to work with it . You cannot have them active ( that
is switched on ) on the two phones at once though . I have 2 6310i's and
they both work ok with a Ericson HD35.

Great. Thank you for clearing that up.

--
Brian
"Stuck down a hole, in the fog, in the middle of the night, with an owl."

Old January 3rd 04, 07:43 PM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile

"Brian Watson" wrote in message
I have two 6310i's which I'm using in the UK, one I intend to keep on
T-mobile and one (my old handset) that is currently locked to T-Mobile

that
I want to get unlocked so I can use it with my Orange SIM in the evenings.

I have one Jabra Bluetooth headset that is currently paired to the

T-Mobile
phone.

What are the implications of using my other phone with the headset once it
is on an Orange SIM?

Do I have to unpair the T-Mobile phone whenever I want to use it with the
Orange phone?

I have a t68 and a P800 both paired to the same HBH30 headset .. Both
powered up all the time and they work perfectly
If either phone rings, the headset rings too and I can answer that phone
using the headset... I can hang up as normal and the headset is then
available to either phone..
If I am using one phone on the headset and the other rings, I can answer it
using the phone as normal...
Outgoing calls work in the same way..
I have not tried voice dialling as I don't trust myself swearing under my
breath and accidentally dialling my missus ..:-)

Old January 3rd 04, 08:45 PM posted to alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile

"Not in my trousers" wrote in message

[snip]

I have a t68 and a P800 both paired to the same HBH30 headset .. Both
powered up all the time and they work perfectly
If either phone rings, the headset rings too and I can answer that phone
using the headset... I can hang up as normal and the headset is then
available to either phone..
If I am using one phone on the headset and the other rings, I can answer

it
using the phone as normal...
Outgoing calls work in the same way..
I have not tried voice dialling as I don't trust myself swearing under

my
breath and accidentally dialling my missus ..:-)

Interesting.. I have two 6310i's and a Nokia HDW-2 earpiece (I can't call
it a headset, it doesn't go on my head, it goes on my ear and causes
workmates to call me Mr. Spock..!) and it only works with one phone at a
time. If I try and connect to it from the second phone while it is
connected to the first I get a message "Device not available"...

Ivor