Old January 17th 04, 12:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default NEC 808Y email

If I get my Three E808 phone unlocked and pop in a G2 SIM will I be
able to log in to an ISP and pick up email from a standard POP3
account? I'm not over enthusiastic with the 3 email charging tarrifs
so I rather just dial in when I need to check my mail.

I've checked the NEC website to try and find the technical spec of the
E808 phone hardware and its delightfully useless.

Can anyone advise please?

Old January 17th 04, 08:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

wrote in message
If I get my Three E808 phone unlocked and pop in a G2 SIM will I be
able to log in to an ISP and pick up email from a standard POP3
account? I'm not over enthusiastic with the 3 email charging tarrifs
so I rather just dial in when I need to check my mail.

You can't, and in any case, the e-mail on three hasn't been charged since
they started. It's been extended now for 7 months.

Vince

Old January 18th 04, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Vince wrote:
wrote in message

If I get my Three E808 phone unlocked and pop in a G2 SIM will I be
able to log in to an ISP and pick up email from a standard POP3
account? I'm not over enthusiastic with the 3 email charging tarrifs
so I rather just dial in when I need to check my mail.

You can't, and in any case, the e-mail on three hasn't been charged since
they started. It's been extended now for 7 months.

It's been extended past the 31st Dec deadline? Do you have a URL for this?

Thanks,

Chris.
Old January 22nd 04, 12:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

I didn't realise that there had been a "free" period for email. If I
had perhaps I'd have got hooked.
Thanks all for the info. I also didnt realise thast the phone couldnt
even do G2 data calls when unlocked..... Makes it rather useless
really! Its a shame it looks so like a Treo 600 even though it doesnt
function like one!
I think I'll plonk it on ebay and cancel my 3 D.D.!

Dominic

Unlocking NEC 808y audio UK Mobile Phones 3 July 26th 11 07:54 AM
FA: NEC 808y Neil Marketplace 0 January 1st 04 04:15 PM
FS: NEC 808y Sim Free (Brand new) Chris Michael Marketplace 0 December 28th 03 06:31 PM
NEC 808Y Neil Marketplace 1 November 15th 03 06:03 PM
nec 808y discontinued ?... Eps UK Mobile Phones 3 September 8th 03 11:28 AM