Old January 28th 04, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Diverting calls on Virgin network

I've recently bought a Virgin SIM pack for use in my unlocked Nokia 6210e.
I've never used Virgin before and one thing is puzzling me:

I can't get the 'call divert' option to work. I wanted to divert voice calls
to another number and selecting this on the handset is usually never a
problem when I'm logged on to my other network (Orange).

As there's no mention of call diverting on either the Virgin website or in
the instruction manual I suspect that Virgin do not offer this facility, and
calls are automatically diverted to their voice mail system as a default. Is
this the case?

I am asking here as their customer services department are taking ages to
get back to me!

Old January 28th 04, 11:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

<snip

The only divert Virgin support is to their own voicemail platform.

Thanks for the info. Naughty Virgin!

Old January 28th 04, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Radiohead" wrote in message
<snip

The only divert Virgin support is to their own voicemail platform.

Thanks for the info. Naughty Virgin!

It seems to be standard for PAYG on most operators. I've had T-Mobile (and
Virgin), Orange, O2 (and Tesco) PAYG and none of them allow you to divert to
other numbers, only to voicemail. On a contract you get all the options.

Phil

Old January 28th 04, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Phil" wrote in message
"Radiohead" wrote in message
<snip

The only divert Virgin support is to their own voicemail platform.

Thanks for the info. Naughty Virgin!

It seems to be standard for PAYG on most operators. I've had T-Mobile (and
Virgin), Orange, O2 (and Tesco) PAYG and none of them allow you to divert

other numbers, only to voicemail. On a contract you get all the options.

[call divert]

Not available on Virgin pay monthly DD either.

Old January 28th 04, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Radiohead" wrote in message
I've recently bought a Virgin SIM pack for use in my unlocked Nokia 6210e.
I've never used Virgin before and one thing is puzzling me:

I can't get the 'call divert' option to work. I wanted to divert voice

calls
to another number and selecting this on the handset is usually never a
problem when I'm logged on to my other network (Orange).

As there's no mention of call diverting on either the Virgin website or in
the instruction manual I suspect that Virgin do not offer this facility,

and
calls are automatically diverted to their voice mail system as a default.

Is
this the case?

I am asking here as their customer services department are taking ages to
get back to me!

Thanks to all who replied. Virgin finally got back to me and confirmed the
situation, saying that call diversion was something they are considering for
future implementation, but not now. No timescale given.

Old January 29th 04, 12:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Phil" wrote in message
"Radiohead" wrote in message
<snip
The only divert Virgin support is to their own voicemail platform.

Thanks for the info. Naughty Virgin!

It seems to be standard for PAYG on most operators. I've had T-Mobile (and
Virgin), Orange, O2 (and Tesco) PAYG and none of them allow you to divert to
other numbers, only to voicemail. On a contract you get all the options.
Phil

It's a billing problem, trying to calculate crossnetwork divert costs in real
time
for PAYT would be an expensive nightmare.

Now for Fred Gibson to contradict me :-(

Steve Terry

Old January 29th 04, 12:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Radiohead" wrote in message
"Radiohead" wrote in message
[...]

Meaning never

If you want full diverts, get yourself a contract, fwdcellulars 100% cashback
T Mobile FT750 would be ideal for you, full diverts and with free Voicemail

Steve Terry

Old January 29th 04, 09:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Steve Terry" wrote in message ...

It seems to be standard for PAYG on most operators. I've had T-Mobile (and
Virgin), Orange, O2 (and Tesco) PAYG and none of them allow you to divert to
other numbers, only to voicemail. On a contract you get all the options.
Phil

It's a billing problem, trying to calculate crossnetwork divert costs in real
time for PAYT would be an expensive nightmare.

But PAYG operators in other countries manage it, I have a PAYG SIM
from Portugal (TMN Network) and Call Divert works Just fine...

John