Old April 2nd 04, 08:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default New to bluetooth - pairing question

Hi there,

I'm recently the proud owner of a V600, apart from the slightly quirky
phonebook I'm very impressed with it - only had Nokias previously.

My question lies with bluetooth and pairing the phone to multiple PCs.
I have a Belkin BT USB dongle thing that I use with my laptop and
desktop PC at home, I can pair the PC (or is it the dongle that's
paired?) and laptop to the phone just fine but find that when I switch
from laptop to desktop I have to re-pair the phone.

When I look in the device history on the V600 it only shows the last
PC name I paired with, if I re-pair to another PC it's name replaces
it.

Is this how it works? Can I only have the phone paired to 1 PC? Or is
it because I'm using the same dongle? I initially thought it was
because I was using the same PIN, but that doesn't seem to be the
case.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Adam

Old April 2nd 04, 09:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Adam M" wrote in message
om...
[...]

You 'pair' with the BT dongle (the BT dongle has a MAC address)

Clive

Old April 2nd 04, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

When I look in the device history on the V600 it only shows the last
PC name I paired with, if I re-pair to another PC it's name replaces
it.

Is this how it works? Can I only have the phone paired to 1 PC? Or is
it because I'm using the same dongle? I initially thought it was
because I was using the same PIN, but that doesn't seem to be the
case.

I have the same problem.
2 Pdas to one phone.
I am sure the phone finds the Bluetooth memory stick.
Since I am using 1 stick in both devices, I have to pair everytime I switch.
Even with the Pdas having different names, it still finds the Bluetooth
stick name.
Now with Belkin, it does the same thing.
Each time I switch stick, I need to "pair" again.
Yours Gmacz